Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy cow - summer sure came quickly...just 2 weeks ago it was barely 70 and now we're going to have 90+ temps until Tuesday.

Poor Kirby is definitely not built for the heat...we were only outside for about 20 min and he was panting so hard. I did get him to put his feet into the doggy pool :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here too - we finally caved in and put in the window AC yesterday when the humidity was like 85%. Yuck. At least the house is cool now, but walking outside is miserable (for both me and Sammy!). We also changed out her bed last night from the winter fleecy one to just a pad, and covered her crate with a thin sheet rather than a blanket. Other than offering ice cubes and water, anything else I can do to make her more comfortable? She's resting in front of the fan right now...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK we're hitting 90's sooooo to heck with the baby pool thing

twice a day i get the HOSE out and we have a blast with the doodles! :D
pool we're opening today so that's upcoming fun

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Same here. I now have to wait until around 8PM to walk Bogart. I took him at 5PM yesterday when it was sweltering hot. Too much for both of us!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we all went in the big adult pool today :) Poor Kirby just really does not like water...he went in when my husband carried him, but he did not look comfortable at all. He was happy to grab the water toy and run around the pool with it :) He will not let us hose him off either so my husband had to wash off the chlorine in the bath tub.

Dex was jumping like crazy into the pool...he remembered the stairs from last year (probably the pool in NC helped too)...sorry no photos (my camera would have been soaked!!)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Heat index of 110 here today with the actual temp at 102!! I don't have my puppy yet, but I put my kids in the neighbors pool!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Well in BC we are freezing.......................
bahahhahaaaaaaa
Coldest June in history so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will trade weather with any of you..teehee

·
Registered
659 Posts
It's been pretty hot here in New Mexico. Thank Dog it's a dry climate. Ozzie's favorite spot at the back door remains shaded all through the summer season and his new haircut helps him stay comfortable.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
We are to hit the 90s today. It is hot and yucky outside. We are going to the YMCA to the pool (it is inside) and take a easy sunday.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Richmond BC
52 degrees.............it is cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hubby is out gathering wood to build us a fire..............
babahhahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, seriously he is!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
blueteal said:
Richmond BC
52 degrees.............it is cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hubby is out gathering wood to build us a fire..............
babahhahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, seriously he is!!!!!!!!
I'll trade.......95 here....but there is a nice breeze.....like the winds of Hell!! :oops: :roll: :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
95 here....but there is a nice breeze.....like the winds of Hell!!
HAHAHA...I have to say...there is a difference between June and August heat. It's 5:30 now and I was just out back with the doodles and it's still hot, but not horrible...we ate outside last night and will probably do so again tonight. But around 12-3 it was ridiculous.

My husband brought Kirby into the big pool again...Kirby literally climbed up around my husband's neck...haha...poor Kirby - I don't know that we will ever get him t like the pool. Dex was a fish again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
it's always cold here in san fran (at least by my standards) but the fog sure is pretty when it rolls in at night. shaia can't handle the heat anyway. but i miss it!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
AGGGGGGGGGH!!! 97 here today and tomorow with heat indices if 105-110!!! :cry: Some schools have half a day, because most schools have no air-conditioning!!! Duh...where does all our tax money go?????

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hot in NY

Hot, hot, hot here!! Got to go for a swim in the lake yesterday. Today mommy set up a small pool in our yard for me to jump in and out of. Time to cool off with a nice Frosty Paws!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
kathie we had 94 here today ---it's been this hot for days
tomorrow bad thunderstorms are supposed to arrive, so far all warnings to-date well the storms died out about 10mi before hitting us
and then it's supposed to go down to 60s in next few days :shock:

this weather is like a yo-yo .....hard frosts then up to 90's and then back down again :roll:

it's 77 degrees outside and 83 inside my house i am opening up more windows now

i am NOT complaining though as i one who LOVES The HOT weather :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hit 100 for a few minutes here yesterday- Tyke only got a five minute chuck-it game at 8pm last night. Otherwise, we are playing fetch in the sunroom with her dinosaur eggs! Thank goodness we are headed for the mountains next week - Banner Elk is having a "heatwave" w/ 87 degrees yesterday - I'll take that over 100 any day!!! 8)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I simply can not believe that Eastern North Carolina has been the hottest place in the country for the last 4 days!! And today we should hit 100 or above again!!!

The fish are dying in our local lakes...just going belly up.

And this Spring, I found a love for gardening that just hit me out of nowhere. I spent weeks working on my yard and landscaping. Most of my perennials are okay but the annuals are gone. And the grass is crunchy!

I am grateful that we don't have our Doodle yet. Our 14 year old Cocker is content to stay inside all day.

And don't get me started on the TICKS!!! Gross.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts