Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All Labradoodle Lovers,
Our Zeytin is going to be a year old this February. She is shedding like crazy. She is probably changing her puppy coat. Working on my dissertation, I do not have time for vacuuming everyday, but I brush her everyday. I just love brushing her coat, but brushing is not enough.
To find a solution for our shedding and cleaning problem, I searched online for de-shedding tools, supplements, shampoos, remedies, etc. I saw this FURminator® deShedding Tool and read about it :idea: Most of the reviews are very good on this product, but when I read their website I saw that it is not very effective for poodle kind of coat. Zeytin has both Labrador, poodle, and in between type of hair all over her body. Of course they do not have any information on Labradoodle coats :cry: And it is not a cheap brush. So, before I spend that much on a brush, I thought that I should ask my fellow Labradoodle lovers :wink: Have you ever tried or heard about it? Any comments are welcome about shedding solutions...
I love her just the way she is, but I would like to find a solution before we start building hairballs in our stomachs.
Thank you for your time,
Zeytin's Mom

·
Registered
215 Posts
I can never really see Summer's hair unless I'm wearing black or brushing her, but the vaccuum cleaner can really pick it up! I'm glad I don't have to vaccuum every day! I'm far too lazy for that! Anyways, my input on the furminator... There were two groomers at the vet clinic that I used to work at and they both used and loved the furminator. However, I don't remember seeing them use it on poodley type dogs. When they did use it on more straight, short coated dogs, the fur would really fly. I remember this one shepherd mix that shed an entire 55 gallon garbage bag full of hair- all from the furminator. Sorry I've never used it on a doodle, but if you do buy one, I'd love to hear how it works!! You might try ebay for cheaper prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts