Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..........but he's a stinky!!
We've been cleaning his ears and yesterday I picked up so Oti Cleanse at the vet. Used it last night. Next week, he gets his stool sample to be sure all the intestinal problems are gone and they'll do an ear culture.
But it seems to be more then the ears...........We pick up each poo after each dumper..........so it's not his paws.
I wonder if it's a combo of the ears and the goofy weather...............the mud and puddles from the rain maybe making his coat smell?
Looks like another bath is in order...........but this is surprising me.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Can you describe what you are smelling? Tanner smells like Fritos when he gets wet...it is his paws :wink:

G

·
Oh, I forgot, Bogie has been on some heavy duty medicine for his infections...so that would be why he could have yeast/fungal overgrowth...the medicine kills the good bacteria as well as the bad and this allows the yeast to flourish unchecked. There are probiotics for dogs, but I bet the human stuff works as well, yogurt with live cultures or acidophilous capsules.
And if his food has corn, I might consider switching it...

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
annieG said:
Can you describe what you are smelling? Tanner smells like Fritos when he gets wet...it is his paws :wink:
All dogs little feet smell like frito's..........lol.........My friend and I were playing with me Springer & she said...........Oh! His feet smell like frito's like my lab....lol

No.....frito's I can handle.....lol....... I can't describe the smell. It's sort of pungent. Not like #1 0r #2 thank God.........When we cleaned his ears the other day that smell was really bad. But it seems to be all over!.........I'm going to aske the vet to take a sniff. Maybe it is all the meds working on him. He's on his final day of the meds today.
I did the yogurt when he was first on the emds.....the vet said not to... :roll: But, I still did, and I don't think it hurt.
Oh! My husband is convinced it's the bully stick........they really smell bad...wonder why...lol
We'll not be doing bully sticks anymore. He may be partially right! But I think it's more than that!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boy.....do I have alot of typo's above.................duh........don't feel like editing... :roll:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Linda said:
Well, the yeast infection would be all over, it's in the skin...poodles are prone to it for some reason...
Hmmmmm..........GREAT!

How often do you use the clove ear cleaner annie?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I used to do it weekly but now I do it maybe monthly. If he has a bath or gets in water and his ears are get wet, I do it each time.

Tanner really likes it. I put the cleaner on a cotton square...really soak it. They I put it over my finger and really work it in...you may see some wax or brown gunk. If I do, I repeat until the cotton square come back clean...unless they have an infection and are sore.

Next I use the drying cream (remember to shake well) it turns into powder, put it on a cotton square and do the same. Don't use to much of this as it leaves the ear too gunky.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hmmm...I was just remembering that I read a post on the doodle zoo earlier this week about a doodle who had some yeast problem on his feet...

ok I found it - I guess some sort of skin yeast infection? I am not saying this is what is wrong, but just something to consider...

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discuss...icle=631224;title=The Doodle Zoo!;pagemark=75

I don't know anything more about the background of the story (I only lurk on there occasionally).

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Springer use to get paw infections all the time. I swear for 11 years I kept have to get him to stop licking his paws.....They'll lick them raw!

WE swabbed Bogie's ears again tonight with the Oit Cleanse.......smells like camphor. I honestly think it's the ears making him stinky!! We'll find out next week...........if not sooner. He doesn't seem to be scratching them or anything..........I just don't know. But yeast is a defiite possibility!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
When my dogs have had an ear infection, I clean the ears twice a day until it starts to clear up. I squirt the cleanser in, massage the base of the ear to get it good and clean and then wipe dry with a soft cloth. You may need an otibiotic ointment to really get rid of it.

Does Bogie mind the cleanser? I pop mine in the microwave for 5 seconds because Charlie hates that cold liquid squirting into his ear.

Deb

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bogie just doesn't like the initial squirt....so the microwave is a good idea! :D
But.....when it's being massaged in, his eyeballs roll and close and he purrs like a kitten.... :lol:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Your little guy is probably teething now or will be soon. They sometimes get really stinky breath while teething, especially with the bleeding. I'm pretty sure the smell isn't from his breath but just something to keep in mind cause it could be adding to it? My pups breath is really bad right now and he's losing his baby teeth (5 mos old).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts