Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to get the best food I could find at a Petco and not at a specialty store. I would go to a specialty store if I HAD to because of the location. Someone told me that Nutro Natural Controlled food for Large Breed puppies was a good choice. Has anyone ever tried it? My breeder was giving them Imas puppy food but I read that it had by-products and additivies. What are you guys feeding your Doodle?? Help!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I feed the Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Puppy and like it (so does Sammy!). I will not buy it at Petco in the future, however, because it is cheaper to buy at Mills Fleet Farm (in MN) ... not sure where you are located, but it seems to be sold in several types of stores and pretty easy to find! Shop around!

G

·
Yes - that's what we fed Odie as a pup. Now he is on Nutro Natural Lamb & Rice. We like the Nutro Natural products esp. since other Lab Patty has very severe food allergies & she has done great on this formula for years. They seem to like the flavor - I also use it to stuff into Kongs along with pieces of carrots, peanut butter & cheese & they go nuts over it!
Good luck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Michelle,

we also fed that food when they were puppies, and have now switched to Nutro's Natural Choice Large Breed - it's good quality and the dogs seem to like it...

Michael.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I can't believe how many positive answers about Nutro...I guess I made the right choice. I am in MA. North of Boston and there is a co-op near me. I should check to see if it cheaper there.
NOW..here is another question. Is it ok to give your puppy say steak or chicken or any kind of meat the may be left over. Of course not from the table. 15 years ago when I had a puppy it was always said that "table scraps" is bad but I just dont know. Sometimes my kids don't eat and I may have a boneless skinless chicken breast left over. What do you think??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Absolutely give your dog that extra chicken breast!
I think it's rubbish that dogs can't eat people food. As if the food we eat is lower quality than theirs.
Do stay away from giving them too many raw vegetables tho, their digestive system is way faster than ours and they can't break them down. Cooked veggies are just fine!
Meat is great!
Carbs are also great for them, cooked pasta all that kinda stuff is good for them.
I think that table scrap thing was brought about to discourage begging more than anything.
Of course stay away from processed foods or things that are overly seasoned with anything.
But yeah chop up the chicken and throw it in with the kibble....Puppy will love you for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.