Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angel is scratching our hardwood floors (about 90% of our main level)and the kids aren't helping by chasing her around the house. Our hardwood is a very dark color and shows every scratch and my husband is pretty upset. I've tried clipping her nails every few days and bought a Dremel recommended in another post. Love the Dremel...she does pretty well with it but I don't think that her nails will ever be short enough for our hardwood to be safe.

Has anyone tried the soft paws? They sound great if they really work. They were invented by a vet. They sound almost too good to be true. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm not familiar with them but would wonder if my dog would try to chew them off. Cali will chew on her nails if they have some dirt on them. I'll be curious to hear if anyone has used them and what the result was.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
No havent tried them, Annabelle would most likely chew them off anyhow

I think scratches on hardwood go hand in hand with a dog - gives them that "old age" look :wink:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I agree with scratches theory...go hand in hand with dog. We have lots of hardwood and lots of scratches.

My boss's wife made their lab wear baby socks to protect their wood floors. That said, the dog was older and not a puppy that chews.

I have heard that keeping shoes or socks on feet all the time can cause problems like fungus :( :(

Tanner has boots for outside but I would't leave them on him inside.

Sorry I couldn't me more encouraging :roll:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
honestly I bought a million rugs. its was the only way to not get a divorce.

I have seen the plastic tips you glue on each nail, but rugs seemed easier.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll let you all know how the Soft Paws go because I'm going to go ahead and give them a try. Scratching is not an option...Movie Star...we are in the same boat...My husband would either divorce me :shock: or the dog would have to go. I want to keep her as natural as possible and have read stories about the socks but think that she'd also be uncomfortable with them on all the time. I thought about rugs, but I love the look of my floors and want to see them! She's not a chewer so I'm hoping they stay on. They are non-toxic and are safe to swallow if that happens! So...I'm hoping that these tips work.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I think I misunderstood what soft paws are. Are they the nail tips? If so that is what my boss ended up using and they worked well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AnnieG...yes, they are nail tips made by Soft Paws. I'm glad to hear that they worked for your boss. I hope they do the same for us. I just went ahead and ordered them...it can't hurt to try.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Actually, I have just ordered them for my daughter's cat that will be staying with us for Christmas. Tanner is fine with my cat but her cat just baits him and I am afraid he will get his eyes scratched.

Hope the work for both of us :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the same problem with Chase when I go to my mom's house. I use Mutt Lucks boots with toddler socks under them (because the boots rubbed Chase's feet). We usually only stay 3 or 4 days at the most and Chase doesn't mind them at all (of course Chase doesn't mind anything you do to him :lol: ). I don't know how these would work on an everyday basis though. Good luck. You can see a post from me awhile back about my dad's suggestion at using condoms :shock: :lol: :shock: . These didn't work out as planned though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts