Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My holistic vet recommended this food mix for my new doodle (5 mo) and French bulldog (4yo). It's a mix of dried veggies and herbs that you mix with ground meat. One of my friends raves about it, but I was curious to see if other Doodle people have tried it.
I want to feed raw, but I'm a little freaked out my the MASSIVE amounts of conflicting info out there and I thought this might be a good place to start.
Thanks all,
Dot & Joffy & Annabelle

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm afraid I haven't heard of it either. I like the fact it's grain free- that must be a plus. Are you meant to add raw meat to the mix? It might be easier to get a ready-made raw food with veg if you want to go raw (or do it all yourself - I'm not brave enough for that).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm curious because it seems like BARF for Weenies. My Frenchie has horrible allergies and it's non seasonal and we have tried every alternative food out there. Plus, I want to be careful with Joffy, the new Dood. I remember back to my vet tech days and I remember poodles having alot of skin/allergy issues...
Well- I'm starting with the Sojo Regular (it has oats); the Europa is straight veggies and herbs, but it's pretty pricey and since I just dumped a bunch of money on this Doodle...{grin}.
Anyway- I went and picked it up today and mixed it up with ground round in a tube from Wally world. It looks like chum ala Jaws, but the local canine population was going nutso!
I'll let you know how it turns out if y'all are interested.
Dot & Annabelle & Joffy and the Evil Meezers

·
Registered
968 Posts
I looked into that brand, and thought it sounded really good. (Really expensive too!) But I think flaxseed was high on the list, which makes Boo pukey, so we went with something else.

DotPoppins said:
I'll let you know how it turns out if y'all are interested.
Yes, please! I'd like to hear how these pre-made mixes are. Sounds like a neat idea.

I'm curious because it seems like BARF for Weenies.
Boo says: "Yum! I love weenies!" :wink:

·
Registered
156 Posts
OOH IM interested in this. We were cooking for our dogs then had a woman do it however i think she was cutting corners so we stopped. Our greyhound needed to get Lbs on her ( she is 14) so we ended up going back to Dr Pattens dry however i realllly want Lincoln on real food. Especially since he is NOT a good dry dog food eater ( foster even mentioned this) however he will down chicken cauliflower etc.

Cost wise for now since we have 4 dogs im thinking we would do a meal of dry with mix and a raw meal also lots of carrots and other good foods.

If it was JUST lincoln i would be feeding him Whole raw chickens .
Michele

·
Registered
156 Posts
Im going to start him on this today. Our herbalist has it in stock plus i will mix in a mix of "greens" that she makes with different herbs etc.

Im sure he will love it because he loves real food and doesnt touch dry.

michele

1 - 8 of 8 Posts