Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dexter is 1 year old today. We're not having any festivities right now. Kevin is gone for his first tour on the barge, and I lost my job yesterday. So I'm not much in a partying mood. I'm just gonna cuddle my sweet boy on the couch today and we'll have a wing ding when daddy comes home.

Happy birthday to all the other Oct. 9 doodles too!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

Happy Birthday Handsome!

Sounds like it's going to be a day when your sweetness will be most appreciated by Mom! And she will throw a wingding when Dad gets home! Have a great one!

G

·
Happy Birthday Handsome Dexter!!!!

And I know the perfect job is waiting for you! Now go enjoy a beautiful Fall Day with your gorgeous birthday boy! .... You can start the job search tomorrow...online job postings have become very common so you can now search AND post here at the same time :lol:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Happy Birthday Dexter

.....and my condolences on your job. I don't know if it was one that you loved but hopefully it opens up a new opportunity to something more rewarding.

G

·
Happy Birthday Dexter!!!! Give your mama big kisses to brighten her day up!!!

Good luck on the job search. I am sure you will find the perfect job soon!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all! (from Dexter too)

It's funny, but it is so ironic. I have hated working the 8-5 all my life. For a few years I had my own business, but had a husband who wasn't supportive, and I gave up a thriving business for him. Now I have a wonderful husband who tells me to do what makes me happy. And just recently, I've had stores asking whether or not I still make soap, they are interested in stocking my soap in their stores. Soooo, I'm starting my business over from scratch. I used to do candles too, but the liability insurance was killer, and my girlfriend bought out my candle business and I don't want to compete with her. So I'll just be making soap for now. So, as of today, Cabin Fever Soapworks is reborn!

(And you can wash your doodle with it too!)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: Ooooooh! How exciting!
Good for YOU!
Let's us know when business commences ...
I am partial to Ebbe (and Marc :oops:) smelling sweet!

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEXTER!!!! What a big boy you are now!!!

...(and PS - Good luck with the business resurrection!! Way to go!! :D )

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEXTER!!!!

Good for you!!!!! Don't let the turkeys get you down, and go for your own thing!! How exciting to be back in business for yourself!! Best wishes to you, and hopefully you'll have a 'Cabin Fever Soapworks' web site..because I LOVE handmade soap! In fact I just went to a country fair this weekend, and bought 6 bars..mmmmm..love it!!! But I have to let them air dry for 2-3 weeks to harden them...The lady I buy from is in NH 6 mos. and Fla. for 6 mos., and makes her soap in both places!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Dexter !!!

Wow Dexter, it's my first birthday too! We're birthday buds! Have a great day with your mom. -Your friend Cali

I'm glad to hear there is a silver lining. I'm anxious to learn more about your soaps! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Happy Birthday Dexter!!! Cutie pie!

Say, I would love to be on that list to buy home made soap! Send me a pm with info, if you please...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Happy Birthday, Dexter!

Nicky's first birthday is tomorrow! On Saturday the owners of 2 of his sisters are having a birthday party and we're going. I know there will be at least five doodles there!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm trying to decide on an initial scent list now. I have to order oils, get a digital scale, a new mold/cutter, etc. So it's going to be about a month or so. I usually do the 4 to 6 weeks drying before I package them to sell, but heck, if people want to do the drying themselves, the sooner I can get going! LOL.

I need to read the rules here to see if soliciting is a no-no. But I will put a website up with a link in my signature if it's allowed.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Dexter you handsome stud you....Happy Birthday!!!

Sorry about your job....good luck with the soap....count me in for a few bars!! How about "doodle scent" for a fragrance?? :shock: :wink: :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts