Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, does anyone water their dogs all the time with one of these hamster water dipenser things???

Lucas get his water bowl so dirty, we are always empting and refilling, I figure when Della comes, it will get twice as dirty!!! The cats won't even drink out of his bowl!!! While, I certainly don't mind changing the water bowl, mulitple times in a day... just thought it would be nice if their water was clean??? If this would work, it may lead to less water dripage on my kitchen floor too???

·
Registered
57 Posts
I actually bought a water dispenser that I attach to his crate when I place him in there.. The dispenser is made for dogs..
It works quite well..
When he is not in the crate he has his bowl with all the water he wants..
Let me know if you need the make?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tyke has used the water bottle for dogs since she was a tiny puppy. Her breeder found it much easier to keep puppies clean and dry using these as opposed to bowls they could fling water out of AND jump into! We now keep several around the house for her, and she prefers the bottle to a bowl.
Another bonus - she doesn't have a soggy beard and slop water all over the place after she drinks!! :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I never thought about using them around the house. We have one in Gromit's crate and he does use it but at his food station we have a regular bowl. We are always dealing with the water all over the floor and the dirty water from dropping his food and grass etc in the bowl.

I was going to ask you, Kim, how you had bottles in various places around the house but then I found this site http://www.bottlebabies.com/index.html looks cool. Do you have something similar? My main concern would be wondering if he would drink enough.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Beth, how funny - that's exactly where I got the holders for Tyke's bottles!! :lol: I ordered some for my aunt's dog for her as well. It's a secure website and they accept Paypal if you prefer paying that way. The lady who runs the company is very nice and sends an email to let you know she has received your order, and again when it ships.
Tyke doesn't seem to have any trouble getting as much water as she wants, although it does take a little longer. I wish I'd had these for the dog before Tyke - Fritzy was prone to gulping down here water and then having it come right back up!! No problems like that with these. When we go on trips, I'll even freeze them and put one in her crate so she has cool water.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! I knew I'ld be happy I asked! Thanks guys, we are definately gonna have to try this!!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Where do you mount these? Do you get the stand with it?

It looks like a good idea but I don't know if Charlie would take to it.

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Kirby is such a messy drinker...I would love to try this, but he really won't drink from a water bottle so I don't know he would use it...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Deb, if you order from the bottlebabies link, you can get the stand with it. (for our doodles, I'd recommend the largest size - I got the medium for Tyke, and she has to bend down a little to drink out of it - a few months ago, it was just right!
Most of the other bottles have either a bracket or a spring that lets you mount it on the side of their crates. We keep one on Tyke's crate in the sunroom, and one on the bottlebabies stand in the kitchen near her food. She has another on in the crate I keep in the car for her.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
A little OT here......but the hamster water bottle got me thinking....and I can't sleep anyway.
The answer to my mud problem.....
DOODLE SIZE HAMSTER BALLS!!
Can you picture Jonah in one?? :lol: :lol:

Sorry....now back to regularly scheduled post...... :oops:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
hahaha!! Gene, I can't sleep either.....
and those hamster balls sure would have been
useful today in my backyard.....i was unloading
my little greenhouse and putting pots back in the yard
where they go....having to tippy toe through gooshy
puddles and super soft spots in the new sod we had put down.....

someone kindly let the dogs out and they did a 500~
zooming around the live oak and sliding into "home"
tearing up the new grass....rolling and jumping spraying
mud on each other.....Abby had to have a bath,
Coco a sponge bath mostly on her feet and then hosed off.
Those huge clear balls would be
hysterical to watch them run in.....
they could get inside and run,
rolling the sod back down again.....

I wondered about water bottles a long time ago...
.there is another
thread about using them somewhere....
For outside, I have seen those deals you
put right on the faucet and they lick it to get
water to drip out.....they way mine drink, though....
I'll bet they would find the process too slow and frustrating....
:roll:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gene said:
A little OT here......but the hamster water bottle got me thinking....and I can't sleep anyway.
The answer to my mud problem.....
DOODLE SIZE HAMSTER BALLS!!
Can you picture Jonah in one?? :lol: :lol:

Sorry....now back to regularly scheduled post...... :oops:
BUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!! WHERE CAN I ORDER ONE???

A couple days ago, I had to hose Lucas down 3 times... IN ONE DAY!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Gene - I'll get one of those for Tyke too! At least she can't steal socks while she is in that thing!!! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts