Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i thought why not tell each other what kind of fun, silly, cute costumes we MIGHT be having our doodles wear. It also might help others come up with their own ideas/creativity too that haven't figured out what to do yet.

Max is going to be a FARMER hahahaaa

things needed: his doggy John Deere hat (in my avitar to the left) a flannel shirt and long jean shorts that should look like jeans pants

Peanut ,of course a PRINCESS

things needed: a comb, cardboard, felt and glitter paint
and then make a tiara/crown.......and use a sweatshirt with a glitter paint design

NEXT , STEP RIGHT UP and doooooooooo tell hahhahaa

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Ok,ok,ok!!!! NEXT!!! I went to the dollar store last week, after checking out the prices at Petsmart..OUCH!!! Raleigh I've decided is going to be a Pirate!!!! (because he is?? :shock: hhahaha) They had a pirates hat, eye patch and earring all for a buck! Molly will be a sweet little shopper....bought her a fuzzy day-glo orange hat and a t-shirt with spaghetti straps and orange trim that has a peice of candy corn on the front...oh yeah...Raleigh has a t-shirt too with black trim that says 'Happy Halloween! If I had one dog, I might not flinch at some of the prices, but with two??? And it's not like they're going to wear them anywhere...it's just for pics here in the forum!!!! :wink: So for four bucks, I think I did pretty well!!! :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Total geek here!! I have been pulling my hair out (only the gray ones) with Jonah's costume. I found a bee costume on line at a great price, ordered it with Miko's (a secret), got an e-mail...shipped complete...yeah!! 5 minutes later, get an e-mail...OOS (out of stock) on the bee costume....refunded payment. No problem, reorder from another site, pay for it....2 days later...OOS, refunded payment. I think to myself....EBAY, that's the ticket. I find a listing for someone with 10 of them in Jonah's size....yippee!!, I bid, I win, I pay.....I get e-mail...listing was wrong....OOS!!!! I get refund. I say...."screw the bee costume" and move on to another choice. Find a great pimp costume at another site (did I tell you how hard it is to find a costume Jonah's size....29" from collar to tail!), I order, pay....e-mail....OOS!!, refund. I ended up going to a dog clothing site and paying WAY TO MUCH for a red hoodie with devil ears cause this little satan of a dog is making my life difficult!! Got an e-mail this morning....SHIPPED WITH TRACKING NUMBER......WOOHOOOO!! It's been a pain....but it's worth it, The joy I will receive torturing him with it! :twisted: :oops: :lol:

Next year I'm going shopping with Kathie, or buying a pattern and making my own damn costumes!!

Happy Halloween!! :lol:

Think I'll go eat some trick or treat candy now for breakfast and calm down a little!! :lol:

G

·
I ordered Maya an angel costume and then thought to myself she really is no angel so I was listening to the radio one day (country) and the song came on that has the refrain that says "he's a angel with no halo and one wing in the fire" so it is off to the fabric store for some red orange and yellow felt to make some flames to pin on to one of her wings. Of course I'll take pics of her both ways. It just seemings fitting for my sweet deamon angel!!! No one that lives in Wilmington NC better steal my idea cause we are gonna win the Petsmart costume contest!!! hahahahaha

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha..my friend is having a halloween party/poker game and Dexter always come to play with their dog. I know Dex won't wear anything on his head, so i'm thinking of getting him some silly shirt/etc. I found (on petedge.com) gym shorts, hawaiian shirts...haha...i'm still deciding what to order, but everything there is very reasonably priced (for when it lasts 2 minutes on him).

We got a fire hydrant costume for him last year - it stayed on for 1 minute.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LESLIE didnt' you say Dexter has been a little Stinker lately?
Just put a black Stripe down his back :shock:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
hmz819 said:
I ordered Maya an angel costume and then thought to myself she really is no angel so I was listening to the radio one day (country) and the song came on that has the refrain that says "he's a angel with no halo and one wing in the fire" so it is off to the fabric store for some red orange and yellow felt to make some flames to pin on to one of her wings. Of course I'll take pics of her both ways. It just seemings fitting for my sweet deamon angel!!! No one that lives in Wilmington NC better steal my idea cause we are gonna win the Petsmart costume contest!!! hahahahaha
Last year Denver was a Devil/Angel
He had Devil horns and Angel wings, perfect costume for a Labradoodle(teehee) This year I am not sure yet...................

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I was just at CVS drugs getting some things and found a tigger costume for kids.....came close to getting it, but didn't want to ask if it would fit my dog! :roll:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts

CHICKEN!!!!

Bwahahahahahahaha....

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...one problem is that most of the costumes are too small!

i think we decided on a baseball jersey type thing for Dex - hopefully the XL is big enought - we have to measure him...he's starting to get soooo fluffy and furry (winter look) so i think he just looks bigger than he is.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I think you're going to need the size of a 7 or 8 yr old, judging Jonahs size....bring a tape measure with you next time! :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts