Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a subject I never thought I'd be talking about. I have been noticing that Lani seems to slip on our deck and the stairs alot and I could not figure it out until tonight! She has HARIY FEET! Having owned a chocolate lab this subject was never an issue. Lani has alot of fur between her peds and that is causing her to slip. Does this fur get trimmed and if so how? Trimming her nails can be hard enough, I can't imagine how I would do this! Or is it best left to a pro? Any help would be greatly appreciated!:?

·
Registered
424 Posts
A good groomer will do this for you. Our cocker spaniel's groomer tweezed the hair out from between the pads of his feet as part of her grooming procedure - also did his ears, nails etc. She was wonderful!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I trim the fur between my dogs

paws all the time. Not only does it make them slip less, it cuts down on the amount of dirt thier feet carry into the house. It's easy to do if your dog is used to having his nails cut and his feet touched. I use the curved grooming scissors to prevent cuts on the paws.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering if tweezed really means TWEEZED? :shock:
I can't imagine anyone let alone a puppy tweeze the hair in their ears or between their toes! Don't they try to bite? I think I'll try the grooming scissors first and if I can't I'll head to a groomer. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
689 Posts
We would get Chester good and tired out first. Then he would lay there like a blob.
We have ceramic tile in our kitchen and it would be like a skating rink.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.