Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Zeke to a new place to have him groomed.. Instead of a Labrodoodle... I now have a poodle looking dog..I'm now living in Missouri and I guess most of the groomers do not know about Labradooles.. Does anyone know of a good grooming place in the Springfield/ Aurora area.
They took so much hair off that I can see his pink skin.. The Grandaughter says he has chicken legs. Anyway he is wearing a t-shirt today and seems glad to have it...I even took a picture of him after his last hair cut so they could see what I wanted...I'm not blaming the groomer as they did not know about Labradoodles...Lets all pray that Zeke's hair grows super fast... They cut about 1.5 inches of hair off him..
Anyway I love him and I don't want him to go through this again. And of course we are suppose to have a ice strom and the temp. has dropped about 30 degrees so Mr. Zeke is not crazy about going out side.
Any help on this problem will be much appreciated. Zeke and Linda :cry:

G

·
Awww, I am sorry, I just had the same thing happen to Bella 3 months ago. The groomer said I should bring her back around the holidays for another 'trim'. Ummmm,, no I don't think so! :lol:
She also cut the quick on two of her nails so I had a "hemorrhaging" Doodle as we walked to the car :lol: Not a fun day. I know how you feel.
I have been buying all kinds of grooming items because I really am afraid to try a groomer again. I did get a recommendation for a good Doodle groomer, so that is where I will take her, if I decide to try again.
Anyway, it does grow back and his look will start to grow on you.
Keep looking for recommendations...and in the meantime, here are some adorable coats (and hats) :lol: on clearance:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/N ... 033+113065

·
Registered
207 Posts
Aw Zeke and Linda, we feel your pain. Copper was groomed yesterday and I can see his pink skin too. Our weather has also turned cold and I know he was cold last night. Here is Copper in his new duds/doo.

He is still happy though. Probably doesn't know how silly he really looks. :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kinda looks like he's dressed for the prom! :lol: Like a little tuxedo. Even if the cut isn't what you wanted....the eyes and the personality always shine through!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Linda - I hope you find someone who will do an acceptable job.

Jettsmom - I love the pictures of copper in his clothes!

·
Registered
689 Posts
He does look dapper in his sweater.
We had Chester groomed once and they trimmed his ears in such a way it looked like he had a "page boy" haircut. All the scruff was chopped off.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, my poor Copper...want to come home and hide out for a while?

I must admit, with the mats I feel in Nitos and Rosie's coats, I can see where it might be necessary...but I am just going to whittle away at them every night first...I'm too cheap to hire a groomer!

I am glad that they didn't clip his facial hair...that is too cute. But, as far as I'm concerned, Copper is a handsome dood! I love that closeup of his face...he is adorable and the sweater is cute!

For Linda, a lot of owners groom their Doodles, and it is a personal choice and many factors are involved in making that decision...some, F1 doodles especially, don't really need grooming as a rule...but I'd take a picture of the IDOG site grooming instructions. That might be something you could send to these groomers.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
thats the largest bichon (or as I call them poodle with a bad haircut ;))
that I ever saw!!!

sorry I am not laughing ;)

it will grow back :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
as we all know --- Hair grows back...and luckily Copper doesn't have any of those POOF Balls of Fur on his back end :wink:

His face is adorable!!!
He seems like a real cutie pie.

I guess you'll get to have fun dressing him up and warmly for awhile.
Old sweatshirts work great. :D

Max has a hair coat--so no real grooming needs. He does love being brushed daily and I find it relaxing too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Somewhere on this forum there is a link to a website with photos of well groomed labradoodles - and I think instructions too, if I recall correctly. It's good to have something to show the groomers, although, if the coat is matted, there's not much they can do except shave it down. Sadie was shaved a few months ago, and her coat is looking really good right now. It takes a while, but it does grow back!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok now that we have stopped laughing. :wink:

They had to go so short on Copper because his coat was like one big cotton ball. Some of you will remember he had his puppy coat groomed off around September. The coat that came in was a different texture and has been very difficult to stay ahead of. It started to get very cottony after I had him bathed for the "Photo Shoot." I noticed a big difference in his coat after that. He didn't have matts per se, but the more I brushed the more denser it became. Does that make sense? When I tried to cut into the coat to make brushing easier I found I had to cut almost to the skin. That can't be good, so I took him in to get it taken off. I was hoping they could keep it a little longer but she wasn't able to. The good news is that he feels sooooooo soft.

Here is another silly picture. Jac, hide your eyes. :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok, now that's the funniest stinkin picture I've ever seen on this site! He looks like he could give a class lecture or like he is waiting for someone to bring him a drink at a party. That is just hilarious!

·
Registered
853 Posts
That is such a cute picture of Copper! It reminds me of Robert Wegman's Weimeraner photography and story books! I love them. :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Okay, that does it...Copper? I'm coming to pick you up! :lol:
We'll put you out back with our mud rollers and have you digging and dirty again in no time! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, Vicky, I am curious to know more about his coat. I have found that our curly babies grow up with coats like Copper, Zoe and Chloe...they all have a similar look and texture. I wonder if the groomer could thin his coat rather than clip it? I think that a few good snips with the thinning shears might be a good option, but I dont' know.

When you say it is cottony, are you talking fuzzy in texture? (Chase gets like that when brushed too...that's why he is our Rasta dog...not much brushing for him...but we get mats.)

I have read that you can brush them and then use a spray bottle to "tame" it down a bit.

I am afraid that if we took Chase, or Nitos, or Rosie in for grooming, they'd be shaved down too...so, I totally understand why it is necessary...and I will say that every time I see Copper he is impecible! (Is that spelled right? Oh, well, you know what I mean...) Vicky you really take great care of Copper and he looks good all the time! I am glad you have the sense of humor for the little bit of ribbing you are getting here...Copper is taking it well too....and Chase said to tell Copper...

"Rooooo, rooooooo, rooooooooo...oooooh!!!"

1 - 20 of 43 Posts