Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i'm sorry but i have not posted for a long time, life just kinda keeps you busy at times!!! luther is now 9 months old!!! unbelievable!! my question is his crazy coat----he's got really thick hair on his neck and thick, long and wavy all down the middle of his back, but the rest of his hair is actually quite short. it's really strange. he has the most beautiful apricot and cream colored coat. he's shedding like there's no tomorrow----here's hoping that will stop in the months to come!! did anyone of you guys have their dogs coat resemble this--will it all even out when he blows his puppy coat? i'd love some feedback----thanks, debbie

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would say he is probably blowing his puppy coat...?

I have heard that this usually starts between the shoulderblades and works its way down. Sammy is only 6 months so we havent experienced this yet but from what I have read from the others on the board when they blow the puppy coat they begin to shed off the puppy coat leaving just wirey hair beneith (they almost all shed when they blow their coat and it doesnt necessarily mean they will shed afterwards) and then the new coat grows in (and there may be some more shedding here too).... but again it starts betweeh the shoulder blades and works its way back and down.

You are at about the right age for that so that is my guess!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Kelly is right he probably is blowing his puppy coat which can take a couple months brushing will help. But remember not all doodles even after they blow their puppy coats will stop shedding. The F1's are more likely to shed than an F1B or higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts