Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new at messaging and new to having a labradoodle!! Her name is Brenna which means raven in Irish. She just turned 8 mths. old. Love her much. I will try to post a pic. She is mostly black but on her face she has a brownish red color and sprinkled from head to tail on her back she has silver hair( might change her name to leno) I am wondering if any of you have had this occur and do you think she might turn all silver down the road??

Thanks

MuzzieDSC04939

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
whats a muzzie? is it a name? its very close to my last name.

to post a picture it must be already on the internet hosted (like photobucket or imageshack.com)

then put the address (you can get it by clicking on the right mouse button and go down to properties)

then put it between here

like that :)

cant wait to see!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And here is one more............

Muzzie was the name of our springer who passed on in 2000.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Muzzie, Your Brenna is beautiful! Of course I am biased. :wink: My Jett has the same coloring. If you go to the photo section and search on Jett you can see a couple of pictures. Her birthday picture really shows her white hairs on her back. She is two now and is still very black. The white on her back is all but gone. There are still a couple of stray white hairs. She still has the reddish color on her muzzle but mostly only when she is in bright light. So, I guess my point is, I don't think Brenna will turn silver down the road. :lol:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Brenna may lighten but I dont think very much.

here is trystan, he is almost three and I think this is as colored as he will get

if she was going to silver out I would think she would be much different at this age.

here is montana at 3 months he is already starting in the face pretty good

and here he is at 6 months

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trystan and Montana are beautiful!! Thanks for your input.
We will be satisfied with any color of course as you know. It's just that curiosity thing you know, especially with the kids wondering what is happening to her!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
awww thanks, trystan is montanas daddy. montana lives in utah but was conceived in montana and so the new owners went with that :)

welcome to the forum by the way. feel free to share pictures anytime and ask any questions from us. we love talking about doodles!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhh i will NEVER tire of seeing doodle pics!!! they're all adorable!!

Trystan, Montana ...alll of em are gorgeous!!!

Max is blacker than night but has brown growing in his beard now .he 6.5mos old.
He also has brown patches on the back of each leg where the dew claws would be located. hahhaha i think it's cute. :D

I have heard it can take up 1- 3 years for the coat/color fully develop?
Jac and other breeders know much more about this than i would.
Max is only 6mos old...mhy friend has a 15mos old doodle that is still silvering more as time goes on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are so cute, Max and Pepper. Max reminds me a lot of Brenna!!
Thanks for the info.

Brenna's mom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts