Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
That's wonderful!! Many blessings to you forever, Amen!
Dexter can be the ring bearer!!!
8)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! It's not a first marriage for either of us. So we're just doing the justice of the peace in jeans thing. Just his mom, aunt and cousin are attending. Then out to dinner after. We chose the date cause we're both off work that day :lol: At my age I cringe at the obscene amounts young peoople spend on weddings these days. Even when I was young and had my first wedding, we bought clothes off the rack and put the invite in the paper, and had a small party on the lawn at home after. I tend to think it's the life you spend together that's important, not the festivities of the day.

I do wish Dex could be there. He's still so hyper, I don't think mom could handle him. So he'll get something yummy from dinner.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
awesome!!! WOW.... congrats!!!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I agree about the wedding thing....My dress in 1975 was 150.00 ...very plain and gently tiered....and the reception was in my parent's back yard under a big tent....It was sooo hot and windy the whole thing blew down. My cake was gorgeous with real flowers on it and overall a very simple affair. Not at all like the extravaganzas of today....though I've just been to one and it was really a great time for all!!
I like the idea of a small family gathering and jeans....perfect!
Being older and wiser...hindsight being 20/20....
I wish you both the best!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
A lifetime of love and happiness to you both!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am going to do the same here shortly as soon as i remember where i put my divorce papers in my bedroom hahahhaha

Dave and I are going to get married in our yard with one couple being witnesses then ordering pizza and wings hahahahaa Next YEAR we'll do the family party in my yard lasting a whole weekend with several pigs being roasted.

ohhhhhhhh i am soooooooo happy for you Rita!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
A lifetime of happiness and love are being sent your way :) Congratulations :!:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Mazel Tov! Many blessings and much happiness to you both.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Congrats!!!!

The best wedding reception I've ever been to was one where we played volley ball and then there was a band hired for dancing. The kids were young then maybe 4 & 6 yrs old, (all grown and gone now) and they had good time dancing the night away. It was held in some one's back yard. We didn't even know the bride & groom, but we got a call that no one showed up at the reception and they had paid for all the food and fun, so come on down. We did!! I think the bride & groom had a great time even with a lot of unknown people! (I think I just wrote a New Testament parable with a modern twist!)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Congratulations! I wish you a long and happy life together.

Tim and I had both been married before and I am still amazed how easy it is when your with the right person :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Congratulations to the both of you!!!! May your lives together be as loving and happy and adventurous as the Doodles we all share! The best piece of advice I can give is the advice that was given me with my second marriage, and that was 'Never go to bed angry with one another'....30 yrs later, we're still hangin in there!!! :D :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Congrats to you
That is wonderful.
I am still married to my first love (Love him so much even though I love to make jokes about being married so long)and we did not spend
too much on a wedding either. i am from the old school
as well and i just don't get the money being spent the way it is today
on weddings.
Rita here is to you and your new hubby.
Cheers!!! and may you have lots of great Doodle years together

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
WOW! Congratulations!!

Can't wait to hear all about it! Are you planning a honeymoon or at least a mini-vacation?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Such happy news! Been married 19 years (sometimes feels like 6 months sometimes feels like 750 years!). But...I do remember spending more time planning our marriage and not as much time on our wedding. Best advice I ever got was "don't lose your sense of humor and remember what you liked about him in the first place.

The very best to you both!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Congratulations, Rita! What terrific news!

And anticipatory congratulations to you, too, Annmarie!

We got married in Washington State by a Unitarian minister; my husband's Catholic and I'm Jewish so that seemed like a reasonable compromise. I just wore a short suede skirt and a silk blouse, and since we already lived on a little island we really didn't need a honeymoon but we did go out to dinner at a special restaurant that evening. My mother, back East, was so relieved to be able to avoid the whole formal wedding mess that she gave us a complete set of sterling flatware. Worked for us!

Leslie

G

·
What great news!!!! Sorry I've been out of the loop, just started a new job so that's been keeping me busy.

In hindsight, my husband and I would have a simple affair on some small beach, simple white dress, no shoes, etc.

We let our wedding totally become our parents wedding. That was eleven years ago when I was still young and foolish.... :lol:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all. No honeymoon for now. We're moving into a new house, so that's going to take all our cash for now. But the good news is Dex will have 200 x 50 feet of riverfront property to run on!

I got the wedding ensemble today. White sleeveless button down shirt, double strand of pink pearls (faux of course) and burgundy hombre ribbon for my hair. Add jeans and black sandles and it's off to the courthouse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts