Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We found a growth/lump on Murphy's paw yesterday. It is about the size of a grape and very hard- it appeared suddenly. We called the vet and he has an appointment on Monday...but in the meantime, I am very stressed...has anyone had any similar experiences, or any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have seen this 2 x's with completely different results.
On my Mom's Terrier (8 years old) it started as a swollen lump on the paw and within a week Sadie had several up her leg. My Mom went in for a Biopsy and it was from allergies. They gave Sadie some steroids and it cleared up in a couple od days.
The other one I am aware of is a Tucker, a mini Poodle that belonged to a friend of mine. He had a growth on his paw and he started to nibble at it. My friend brought him to the vet and they also did a Biopsy and they removed it. It ended up being cancer. She took him to Tufts to get chemotherapy.
They both looked identical when they first presented with the growth.
I know it's easier to say then do, try not to worry until you get some results. It could just be some allergies let me know what they say.
~Jenny

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
keep me updated on what happens with the growth and will say prayers for you and your doodle too

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know we all get upset when something is wrong, but try not to worry too much. Things usually work out. Take care and hope you get good news on Monday. We will be waiting to hear from you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your kind words...Murphy went to the vet and she said it appears to be a benign cyst, and had no worries that it was cancerous. What a relief!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
That's wonderful news!!!! :D
KAthie, Raleigh & Molly

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow....so happy to hear the great news!!!!!! :D :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts