Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my fiance has gone over the edge. It's been a tense couple of days. We just increased Dexter's puppy ration due to weight gain. And he also got a few treats (snausages) that he's not accustomed to. And to top it off, mommy snuck him a piece (just ONE!) of puffcorn during a movie the other night. Well, it all resulted in runny stools for a couple days. There were two accidents in the crate, and several soft ones outside. So Kevin is worried sick. Reading everything he can find online about puppy bowel habits, etc. Then tonight we hurry in from pool league and find that his crate is not soiled after several hours. Yay, it's a start. So he takes Dex outside to do business. I hear them coming up the stairs, and he's telling Dex in his best puppy daddy voice to go tell mommy what you did!!! They come in and they are so wound up and excited I'm thinking Dexter must have solved world peace or something. They proceed to tell me that Dexter made a big solid poopie!! A great big solid poopie!!!

Oh Lord, what is it about doodles that can make a pile of poop the high point of a grown man's day?! :lol: What a hoot!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Hi, my name is Gene and I am guilty of being overly excited by solid poopies.... :oops:
For the first two months I had Jonah, it was food trial and error, medicine, pepto, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc......with still runny poopies. In the crate, in the yard.
When we finally went solid....YIPEE!!!!...everyone I knew heard about it, strangers, anyone who would listen! :shock:

It was that much of a relief for me. :wink:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I totally get it. Hershey goes out 5 or 6 times a day with us but only poops 2x/day. Its like a contest between my wife and me to get the prized poop."Did she poop for you this afternoon?"...."She pooped for me earlier, it was solid!". If anyone ever overheard :shock: .

G

·
LOL! My husband and I go through the same thing. If I take Boyd out I come in and say well he peed and pooped and it was solid. If he takes Boyd out I ASK him if Boyd peed and had a solid poop. My neighbors must think I'm crazy looking at Boyd's poops but after having cleaned up some messes inside it's definitely a good feeling to confirm they've gone outside!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally hear ya on the debate over who gets him to do "threesies" LMAO. Kevin is laid off for a bit and he is so worried about my technique of getting Dex to poop, after he goes back to work. He tells me in great detail how to walk him to the "mine field" and make him stand there and not play til he goes. And when I come back up with him with only a potty, I get the stern "are you going to be able to poop him" look. I tell him I pretty much think when the time is right it's going to come out. So now when it's my turn for a walk and he starts giving instructions, I sarcastically ask him if I'm supposed to squeeze the rib cage or farther down the tummy, LOL.

And I agree, if anyone heard our puppy conversations, we'd be in serious danger of being committed.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Thank goodness you all do this.LOL My husband and I start our morning
off quizing each other if Denver's poops were solid or not. We give each other high fives when he makes a solid poopy. It is nice to know that we are in such great company. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
You do realize that we're a bunch of adults? talking about doodle poop?

LizziesMom

ps this tread had me spitting up coffee!! lol

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
eetubbs said:
You do realize that we're a bunch of adults? talking about doodle poop?

LizziesMom

ps this tread had me spitting up coffee!! lol
yes i do eetubbs..and your point is? hhahhhhaaa

OK, my fiance calls me on my cell phone at work etc to tell me who did what number, if Max was mushy, solid etc. hahahhaaa yes folks we too are gulity of Potty Talk! Even my sons get in on this. If anyone ever listened to us...we'd all have a padded cell for a home.

And if anyone would have ever told me how excited a family can get when one doodle has a firm poop and the other doodle goes both in record time would have us doing happy dances----i would have said they're nuts!

OH, Max is going to another vet next week. since Jan 7th i cook all his meals and i've had enough poop to last me a life time. Peanut on the otherhand would rather bathe in snow for 10-15min while I become a human ice sculpture and then goes poop.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well I have to admit as a breeder I talk to other breeders a lot dixiedi the most and a lot of our conversations are about our puppies poop! :roll: I tell if anyone ever listen in on our conversations they would think were nuts, because not many people get so excited about puppy poop. :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
As long as we dont' start a newletter called " Poop Scoop"
we're doing just fine! :wink:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, that is a favorite subject even at dinner last night with our friends, (she has a new shitsu puppy) we get on msn and discuss it until 2 in the morning - and laugh the whole time! I dont think I discussed my childrens doo as much! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Dream Dog Mom said:
Yes, that is a favorite subject even at dinner last night with our friends, (she has a new shitsu puppy) we get on msn and discuss it until 2 in the morning - and laugh the whole time! I dont think I discussed my childrens doo as much! :lol: :lol:
I know i didn't hahahahaa discuss kids poopy diapers ...are you nuts?!
Discuss a doodles droppings...oh yeah for sure!!! :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hehe...we haven't been that excited over poop for awhile (since his last bad bout of diarrhea). However, we've been working to teach Dex to catch a frisbe (calmly so he doesn't jump high and hurt himself). Well after many smacks in the head, he finally started catching it regularly this morning. Well my husband and I are jumping around cheering like crazy and clapping... :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
well we still have "poopy" problems with Max. and poop is the #1 subject combined now with Peanut's poop.
Soooo we had company last night. here all of four of us end up talking about our babies( aka dogs) and YES poop was thoroughly discussed over a beer, shrimp cocktail, perogies, salad, cocktail weinies hahahhaaaa!!!

And my dad calls this morning to discuss??? YES Max's POOP!!! hahahaa
Then my son wakes up , first thing asked did they poop? was it firm? my other son slept over his sister's apt last night....YES folks he called at 10:30am and whad did ask : was Max's poop firm and what about Peanut!!

we talk the Poop Talk here down eally well now hahhahhaaaa!!!!
To think college degrees, pay taxes, raise 3 teenagers, lead responsible adult lives, etc
and get a doodle or two and what do we discuss as a main event in our life? POOP!!! hahhahaaaaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
DEXTERSMom

max doesn't have solid poop yet and well my southern dad and I had a long discussion on when was i kid we NEVER fed dogfood to our dogs living on an island in NC. They ate what we ate like listed below...so know what? we've tried numerous dog foods...no go...bland diet ..no go etc

Soooo I just got done boiling pork and chicken. Made baked and sweet potatoes add fish oil add a bit of papaya (digesttive aid) and tiny bit of rice mixed with pumpkin. and a few other tidbits.

Yes GOURMET Max now....and holding our breath as to if his poops will FIRM UP!!!
I'd do ALMOST anything to see a firm poop!!!!hahahhahaaaaaaaa

And then ther's peanut who keeps up guessing when and where she'll try to poop

The Doodle Poop Scoop ...stay tuned for the following episode later today

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
have to share:

i just got done cooking all this food for max , DAVE walks in kitchen watching me cut up into tiny pieces and wrap it all. Then says' Honey, if i say i have diarrhea will you cook as good for me and give me extra attention like you do Max?" :wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts