Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate that I've got to think about this, but we've decided to trim Napa so that his leg doesn't look so out of place. We've been lucky that his hair on his stomach that was shaved wasn't that noticeable, and its starting to grow back in. But I'm positive that its not gonna be the same with the leg.

I really like Napa's long hair, but we're definitely going to have to cut it. In the recent weeks, people have gotten their doodles groomed. I was wondering if you could post a picture of them, and the length you told the groomer. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
We have Tanner's body cut at 1" because he otherwise he just looks "pink"

Here is the before earlier this week, he is about 2" long

Here is after the groom on Wednesday

and

G

·
Hi Leslie,
Did you download the grooming instructions for doodles to bring with you?
Here is Bella at 1 inch following the instructions:

Here is a few weeks after her first grooming where the groomer shaved her, we never went back:

·
Registered
985 Posts
I do have those instructions, but this groomer works with several labradoodles already. She's also inclined to do a longer cut, which I think is better for the winter. She seems to have an idea about what a doodle should look like, which could be a plus - or a minus. I will bring the sheet and see what she thinks of the information.

I don't think DH would object to the more severely clipped version of Bella's hairdo. I like the softer look of the one-inch cut, myself, or even longer.

Leslie

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Awh Tanner looks great!!

Linda - Bella looks kinda mad in the photos where she's shaved...haha...I love her 1 inch look :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the feed back....

I think we'll wait and see how badly he looks with hairless legs. Besides, he's going to be in splints, so maybe you won't be able to see his hairless legs? And I do so love his fluffy hair right now!

But thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts