Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a place on here (or elsewhere) to get some good before and after grooming pictures?

I know that Bailey will need to be trimmed some for the summer. However, I don't want her to end up with a poodle looking cut. I'd like to find some good before and after pics to take to the groomer.

There is some great grooming info here (with some pics)....
http://www.idog.biz/QuickDownloads/Prof ... 20Inst.pdf
but I'm looking for more pictures of body shots.

I've seen some nearly shaved doodles and don't want that. I'm trying to keep a kind of shaggy look, but have it trimmed some to be cooler and reduce matting.

Any guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
when we had Maggie shaved last fall, i ended up liking how her fur looked (like crushed velvet), but the groomer shaped her head too much like a poodle. i think if you ask them to give her a shorter cut, but not a shave (they may have to spot shave matted areas but it isn't like the dog will have bald spots). and then make sure you tell them you don't want the head looking like a poodle. i am going to do that tomorrow when we bring maggie in for a bath and grooming. she has lots of mats. but I'm going to ask that they cut her fur on the top of her head to look less poodly. i think you have to clarify that or they may just go ahead and cut the dog like a poodle. the only place it looks like a poodle is when they groom the head to look like one. i think?!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The cut and what to tell the groomer

first make sure your groomer is a MASTER GROOMER, that means they are licensed and certified, they have taken extensive courses in all breed grooming, anyone can call themselves a groomer
all you do is just call around and ask

what you want is called a teddy bear cut, that is a scissored cut , i recommend 2-3" all over if you like that length, no clippers are taken to the doodle except for sanitary cut, butt, belly a tad bit around the eyes

now be aware this is a lengthy job that takes time ,and will cost you so $$$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts