Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey just had her first real grooming (had a sanitary grooming once before). Told the groomer to leave 2 inches as I saw this referred to as a 2" cool cut. I think she did a GREAT job on grooming her to what I askerd for. But, I think this is still going to be too long for GA summers, even though she's inside unless we're in the yard with her. I think the next one we'll go even shorter. Am definitely trying to stay away from the 'poodley' look tho. The hair hanging over her feet is really longer than it appears in the pictures. Her feet are definitely NOT shaved back - I was emphatic about that as I don't like that look.

After a bath at the groomers, her coat is very 'fluffy'. It will 'relax' some after a few days. She's had a bath by groomers before.

What do you think of this cut?

Here's one...

And another...

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
WOWIE Bailey!!!!!! You sure are a looker!!!!! hmmmmmm...I heard all southern gals are...your groomer did a fantastic job, and I'd surely stick with him or her whichever is the case!

Your pal,
Rrr-aleigh!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awh...bailey looks so cute!!

Just for future reference, we got Dexter cut about 2 months ago. We had his body cut to 1/2 an inch and his head to 1 inch. Now 2 months later he's grown out to about 2 inches (he's getting very hot and it's only in the upper 70s here in NJ). We're getting him cut again tomorrow before we go on vacation to North Carolina.

Here's a photo of what the 1/2 inch looked like. As you can see he's really short, but still doodle looking. We were adement that we did not want him to look like a poodle (not that there's anything wrong w/that, but that's not the look we like). And made sure they did not shave anything on his face. They left his feet too long last time (IMO) and we're going to ask for them to be cut to 1/2 an inch to an inch this time.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Bailey looks great!! I think you've hit upon a perfect look for her.

G

·
Bailey looks fabulous! If you decide to have her cut shorter next time, I would keep her head, ears and tail the same length and just transition her body into the shorter cut. She is very regal looking!
Dexter looks great, too! have fun on vacation and post pics of Dexter with his new cut!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Really nice cut! I think that if they would let Bailey dry without blowdrying, she would not look "fluffy" so you will probably be surprised when you get her wet again.
If you want it shorter for summer, keep in mind that she can, and will, sunburn! That is one of the problems with clipping them too short...I like this cut, but I also love what is known as a "puppy cut" which is about 1/2 inch all over, leaving facial hair and ear hair long.
Some good instructions for grooming (not that you need them...she is beautiful!) are found on www.idog.biz then click on "downloads" button and scroll down past the various downloads until you get to "grooming instructions" and you can print that off and take it with you to the groomers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All - thanks for all the compliments!

Jac - that is the exact Grooming Instructions that we took to the groomer. We saw the link to it on this forum. The groomer was happy that we brought it and we went over all the items. She said it helps when customers bring instructions or pictures as it helps her give the cut that we are looking for. We went quickly over each item (I had to get to work soon). These are the instructions that mentioned the 2-inch cool cut. I just asked the groomer to do 2 inches all over, but now that I've re-read it, the cool-cut is supposed to be 2-in for legs and 1-in cool cut for Back, Torso, Chest and Neck.

Anyway, we're happy and will use her again - even if we go shorter next time. We paid $55 (+tip) for the whole deal. That included bath, nails clipped and grooming. And they do the anal gland deal (Yukk!). I don't know if that's a low, med, or high price, but we thought it seemed about right. Your thoughts, anyone?

G

·
Great price! I just paid $75 for Bella. Pictures to come soon!
I told the groomer I did not want her to look like a poodle and he said, "Well, what do you want her to look like?"
I said, "A Labradoodle!"
Duh! :lol:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Wow!! I just re-read these posts....I had Coco groomed on Sunday and they bathed her, did her ears, feet and sanitary....extra conditioning on her coat....if they had clipped her at all, Iknow it would have been more....but I paid only 28.00 to Petco's Grooming Salon.....the gal there really does a nice job, spritzing her at the end, so she curls up again and isn't as fluffy......

I would flip if I had to pay 75.00. :shock:
The cost of living here is way less though, I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts