Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone this is my first time in the forum i have a 8 month old chocolate female she is gorgeous of course but i have a lot of trouble grooming her she gets very snarly and a bit aggresive can anyone give me any ideas of what to do

PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Sorry, no advice. Mine are very submissive to the grooming. They aren't thrilled, but the stay still. We work in short shifts. 1/2 to 1 hour, then more the next day. Hope someone has more advise for you. maybe treats??

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Has she been groomed by a professional or is this the first grooming for her.
If she were groomed by a professional short then you started with just brushing for a few minutes every day, that may help.

In the beginning I put Tanner up on a table and I was quite firm with him. I also used treats giving him maybe one every few minutes. I would just do this each evening for short periods of time.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
i went out a got a set of doggie clipper s from Petsmart..and after a hr.
i made an appointment at the groomer s :oops:

i just asked that Toby be cut down to 1" all around..and it worked out
great..next time it ll be the same cept the paw s will be cut down a bit more cuz he luv s playing in the mud..

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Have you checked to see if she is matted, if she hasnt been groomed and is 8 months, she may have some matting - grooming could be hurting her?

G

·
I give Bella a marrow bone and she will let me comb her while she gnaws on it. Also, place him up high, maybe the top of the dryer. This does work, they stand still. Be gentle, use detangler like Best Shot or Ice on Ice and do not spend time on matting, just cut them out :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grooming coco

thanks to everyone who replied I will certainly take all your advice on board coco has been to a professional groomer but I didn't like her attitude towards coco I do groom her but it takes me awhile I use a slicker brush with the little pins I have bought the softest one I could find but she still doesn't like it she loves to have a bath and is okay with all the other aspects of grooming it is just the brush she hates so much. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts