Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most if not all of you Doodle owners with curly doodles bring them to the groomer.
Is there a need for us to send out short-haired Sampson to the groomer, or is it benifitial only for mats, seeing, cooler, appearance, etc. that affects the long haired dogs?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadie is more labby than most. She's eight months old and has never been clipped. I take her to the groomer for them to do her nails, ears, bathe, brush.
Your pooch probably doesn't need to be cut unless you notice the hair getting really long. If you do the nails yourself (I'm chicken and Sadie is skittish about that), don't bother with the groomer. Just my opinion!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Libby Lu is 7 mos. and never been to the groomer either. i love her long fur! i'll only have it cut if the summer gets too hot and she's uncomfortable. I do, however, try to keep the fur around her eyes trimmed.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most likely we will only take sampson to get his nails done.
We clean his ears and give him baths here.
Probably we'll just take him when the kitties get their nails done. One of our 15 lb scottish fold brothers has logn fur and he gets matted really easily so he is due soon.

G

·
Maya is very labby and I got her trimmed for the summer. Poor thing was panting so much. I didn't think they could take much off but they did and she looks so much better.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
659 Posts
I would say just give him a good bath, use some conditioner, and a really deep, vigorous brushing to thin out that "Labby" undercoat.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I would say no. but maybe just his nails and ears. I like someone else doing it.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I;ve always groomed Max myself with short trims to beard, bangs, sanitary area adn brush him alot

i did however get him groomed as he had an unbelievably thick undercoat and was shedding so much (which is unlike him)

it's 90 degrees right now and he's cool

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
regular brushing will take care of most of the matting..
i brush his hair at the very least every other day..and i take
a comb to his hair once a week looking for any matting..

but, after one attempt to cut Toby s hair..he was in the groomers
the next day :oops: seem s he ll be in the groomer s every 3 mos..

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I won a gift certificate for a free grooming at the local groomers... I'm taking Tuesday because when I bathe her right now, my shower and ME are loaded with her undercoat, so I figured she can deal with the mess. I told her a good bath and to get as much undercoat out as possible.
Marley is easy with his poodley coat, besides, with all the stories I've heard here, I don't trust anyone else but myself when it comes to the clippers being used!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts