Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about ready to have Quin groomed for the first time. He is looking pretty shaggy. He is a multi-gen with a curly fleece coat. I talked to the groomer at our daycare and she recommeded clipping with a #2. She was very willing to customize / do what I wanted but never mentioned scissor-cutting over clipping. I read the information from our breeder and in it she warned that if you clip a curly fleece coat sometimes it changes the texture and you don't get the ringlets back - it turns into tight curls. This seems odd - that a method of cutting could actually change a coat so much. :? But I thought I would ask. Does it really make a difference?

Thanks!
Lisa

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Lisa, check out the link below, click on Sully's grooming instructions, it is (I think) Ann scissor cutting her goldendoodle. I did not read the whole beginning but she might address the issue clipper vs scissor. If not you might be able to post on the chat and ask there.
http://www.annsdoodlechat.com/

When I talked to the groomer, the sister of a friend, I told her that I just wanted her puppy fur and adult fur to match in length. She said scissor cut is what I wanted and she still does it. Margaret was great, I took the grooming instructions from the IDOG.BIZ site which helped her see the look. I have to go PM me or email if you have any question.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Lisa, thank you for posting this link. I have looked for this link for sooooo long. I had run across it a while back and thought I had bookmarked it but evidently hadn't. I think this is a great demo for scissor cutting, Ann does a wonderful job. I'm going to go bookmark it NOW :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks Lisa for posting the link...I also sissor cut Chase (Poodle) because every time I have tried clippers (not cheap ones either) they just pull his coat.

I almost went to the farm store to ask for sheep shears! LOL

I think I'll stick with sissors. 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts