Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am Sterling. I am a service dog for a boy who has epilepsy and autism (along with a long list of other health issues.) I got to Church with him and help keep him calm (he gets a little nervous with the loud sounds and all the people.) I go to his hospital visits each month and stay right there with him to calm him when he gets stuck so many times. I really like the cool bed that moves all around and we like to play on it. I get to go shopping at the Mall (who would have thought a boy dog would enjoy shopping so much) and we always get to go into the pet boutique to get a special treat from the owner there. When we go out to play, I make sure that he doesn't go past a certain marker in our yard and I go tell Mom when he does! Then, we go get him lickety split! He cannot hide from me!
My boy is homeschooled, so I learn a lot while I lay next to his desk. My boy has learned to write stories about our adventures. (He can spell better than me!)

I am still learning new tasks daily to help my boy. I get to go visit the trainer lady very often so that we can make sure that I am learning what I need to be learning. I am still young and I know that I have a lot to learn but I am having a blast with my boy.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sterling...you are the best :wink:

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post...it cleaned out my tear ducts for sure :p

I hope you will post more about Sterling and "His Boy".

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sterling, both you and your Boy are adorable! He has the sweetest smile!
I love the picture of the intrepid astronauts!! Welcome and keep posting! :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
AWESOME POST!!!!!

STERLING, you are both very lucky and very special to have each other!

THANK YOU for sharing and please keep posting! :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Leann...........WOW thank you for sharing that , it is so nice, touching and heartwarming to hear of how a doodle does such a great service of both training and love to help out a boy

Those pics are great and the last one is so cute!!!----- I LOVE IT

HI and welcome! :D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
OH! What great pictures! Sterling, you take good care of your boy, and your boy will take good care of you! Welcome, we look forward to great stories and pictures!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
AHAHAHAHAHAH!! That is so GREAT. I had to get a tissue. That is so sweet. A boy and his dog that helps him. I also like that your son writes the stories about them together. Wow.

G

·
Welcome!!! I am so inspired by your story. I hope Maya can get into some therapy work but she needs to settle down a bit.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome! Sterling is awesome, what a great introduction you have given us. It really warms my heart :D Look foward to more posts on his and his boys progress.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts