Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She woke up with them this morning - one eye is much worse than the other (very crusty eyelashes). We were just at the vet 2 days ago (for vaccines)!!!

My experience with conjunctivitis is that it could be bacterial (which is treatable) but it could also be viral (which is not). ....so is it worth a vet visit or should I let it run its course?

She doesn't seem to be in pain (not rubbing eyes) or acting abnormally.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner has had problems with this and he required antibiotic drops from vet to clear it up...I would call the vet

·
Registered
385 Posts
Manchego has this problem often. My vet said that they have a reaction to something in the environment when they are puppies that's not an allergy and that it will go away by the time they are two. Only time will tell if this is true for us. Next time it happens I'm going to try Apis and Euphrasia which are homeopathic remedies. It's worth a shot.

I agree with others though, if it doesn't go away or gets worse then go to the vet.

Good luck,
Sarah

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ditto.......i'd call the vet just to be safe

·
Registered
273 Posts
What vaccines did you just get? I seem to remember Dante getting icky eye goobers as a result of one of his vaccines. Still always safest to call the vet.

Heather

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had our puppy training last night and our trainer is also our Vet tech. She said it could likely be allergies but if it doesn't go away to bring her in to the vet's for some drops. This morning there was much less goop, so I think we are going to keep an eye :D on it....and wait on the vet visit. She really doesn't seem bothered at all by it (except when I try to wipe it away!).

Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts