Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Rochelle is an excellent breeder and has some wonderful dogs...aren't they beautiful? She works hard to help people understand Labradoodles...she has been a great help to me, personally. I am glad that you found her site and posted the link. It is good information.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI

Jac - I don't know how you doodle breeders can stand all the doodle-haters. I tripped up on a dog site that had an active anti-doodle string. They claim doodle breeders are in it only for the money and that any dog with lab in it will shed badly. They make ya'll out to be fly-by-nights who do no pre-breeding testing. Knowing how hard the breeders on this site work to produce good, healthy, quality puppies - you must just go nuts from comments like that. Anyway, since lots of people are always asking about coat types and colors I thought this page would be a good reference. I think I've seen it posted here before but it was a long time ago.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Angela,
Thanks for your understanding of our plight and your support and love of doodles!
The people on that thread are inclined to react from the gut without any thought of research to find out the truth of the matter...which is so often the case with prejudicial viewpoints.
Unfortunately, there are many breeders that are in it only for the money and those breeders are the ones most people hear about when they hate doodle breeders. So, we have to try and educate people when we can, and ignore them when we can't.
I am not that good though...I can't help but toss in a few pages about how wrong they are and why...even though I know it falls on deaf ears. :?
The heartwarming part is when we get people who meet a doodle for the first time and fall madly in love with them!
That happened to me yesterday...a guy drove 4 hours to "meet" a Labradoodle...had never seen them, only heard of them. He was a Lab man...and he was very savvy...he knew what to look for and what to ask. He met all of my adult dogs and (correctly) sized up their personalities...and he held my puppy while he was talking, but I could see him looking in her ears, at her teeth, turning her onto her back...and pretty soon he said that he wanted to buy her! He said she was a marvelous little puppy! Soooo...that is what makes this fun.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
that is so incredibly helpful! wow

and that all breeders are in it for the money is crazy. I have seen
and personally sell my first litter at very normal and reasonable pricing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I checked out that site and WOW what great pics!! Its great to see how they change and how fast they grow...

and about doodle haters...I came across a site that was for Labs, and one vet on the site said doodles were "over-paid mutts"!! Well correct me if im wrong but isnt that how all breeds start? They are mixed together with another breed, before u know it a new breed is out there. Anyway, doodle haters dont know what they are missin...in my opionion these dogs are wonderful :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts