Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tyke and I are walking twice a day now, and on both our morning and evening walks, it is quite dark. I have a Petzl LED light that fits on top of my baseball cap to help me see and be seen, but I was worried about an oncoming car not seeing Tyke.
I found the Pup Light at Petco this weekend - it is a small light with 3 LED bulbs that fits on a collar, or can be put on your dog's existing collar. It fits under her chin, so the lights don't shine in Tyke's eyes, and actually help her see where she is going. It definitely makes her visible at night - we ran into some friends last night who said they saw her from 1/2 mile down the road. It's so light, she doesn't even seem to notice she's wearing it (remember, this is the puppy who was freaked out by the Gentle Leader!) And, it also makes for fun Doodle 500's in the backyard at night! My mom was watching from the sunroom window last night and said Tyke looked like "a drunken train trying to jump the track!"
For $20.00, it was well worth it. If any of you walk your dogs at night, you might like to check it out. Their website is www.puplight.com, and they sell these in Petco and at Cabela's.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Shameless plug....Here is a link to those of you who cannot find one locally or prefer internet shopping. I must admit I had never seen this pup light, but it is a good idea. Although with all this snow on the ground, lately I have not even been using a flashlight in the back yard. You'd be suprised how a light it gets with snow and a little moonlight on a clear night. But for around the streets, this light is a great idea.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/96052.aspx?feature=Product_1&kw=puplight

This is the company Kathy works at. They have quite a few good dog products. We have many of them. The owner is a dog lover and so they carry alot of quality products for all dogs. Take look. Greg

PS...Check out the "spackle" for a good laugh. the copy writers hear are pretty funny. http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/74585.aspx?feature=Product_2&kw=spackle
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/department/mens/mens2/mens_shirts/95587.aspx?feature=Product_5

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Too funny.....except they'll never wear them.....I think it's in the plumbers code! When I had a toilet replaced a couple of years ago.....Heavy lady plumber, and.....you guessed it......half-moon in my bathroom!! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sofie has a light from Walmart that was made to wear around a human head if you are working in the dark. It is only $14 and I've had it for 2 yrs. Been very beat up but still working and VERY bright. Has 4 different light settings. I use the red and get 120 hours use out of it. I've met alot of people at the dog park who bought dog lights but they broke easily and just didnt last. Something to consider.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greg - what a cool store! Thanks for the link!
The crack spackle shirt is too funny - I have a contractor friend that I may just have to order one for! (No, he doesn't NEED it, but some of his workers do!! :wink: )
Deb, I was actually looking for one of those blinking strobes when I came across the Pup Light. It really does seem to help her see where she is going - the light shines out a few feet in front of her, but it's under her chin, so it doesn't shine up in her eyes and blind her!

Mike - I have the light you are talking about for myself - you are right - it is amazingly durable light! The Pup Light is made just like that light - those little LED's put out a LOT of light!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mary - looks like Cabela's is cheaper than anywhere - it was $19.95 at Petco, Duluth and the Pup Light website!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I walk Denver at night and him being so
dark, he wears a velcro strip that wraps around his collar
It is dayglow orange so he can be seen...........

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like we have a "Doodle Nightwalker's Club!" Sessa, let us know when you and Mija want to go spelunking!!! Those headlamps are a lifesaver for my early morning runs too - stumbling into a pothole in the dark can be a real bummer - I've sprained an ankle or two that way!!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My favorite is trying to find the poops in the
dark, even with a flashlight it is hard to see in amongst the leaves or what have you
bahahhhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I almost feel left out hahhahaa asi am in the country

i walk all 3 doodles at night in the backyard but turn on one flood light (so i can see the house) and then bring my LED flashlight that shines a huge beam

My doodles love the darkness and do Doodle 500runs like crazy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts