Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I brought the camera...Kirby had his best day at the dog park yet. He ran around and played with all the dogs his size. He was only obsessed with the small dogs in the adjacent area a small bit. Very good day for him!

Now our other little angel Dexter had some fun of his own...some guy left his glove unattended on the bench and Dex got a hold of it. He was like a kid on Christmas...running and galloping all around like a lunatic with it. It took us quite awhile to get a hold of him and by then Dex ate a finger off the glove :roll: Luckily the guy knew he made the mistake and wasn't mad.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Teehee
Sounds like a lot of fun
Glad the guy was so nice about his glove, funny stuff.............
bahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hhahaha LESLIE that would have made a great video!!!
and glad the guy understood with dogs it's the ole
'finders keepers, losers weepers"

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
[/URL]
This is Dood. We met at the dog park here in Florida. He comes from out west and is a real sweet dog. He is visually impaired yet follows the scent to retrieve the ball every time! He also loves to lie in the doggie pool. He tolerated Abby's puppy antics nicely while keeping his focus and finding his ball each time his human rolled it (kicked it along the ground so he could scent it). Doggy parks are a new thing to me since it's been so long since my last dog.[/img]

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Ack! Dexter! Only eat mom and dad's gloves! You mustn't eat stranger's gloves!

This morning we are playing at our neighborhood park while a man was throwing a frisbee for his dog. Usually this is not a problem but every time the other dog dropped the frisbee at his owner's foot, Charlie would snatch it up and run away with it. :twisted: He LOVES to be chased and was trying to instigate play with this dog. The poor 11 year old dog just wanted his frisbee back.

Charlie was willing to drop the frisbee so that I could throw it again but I don't think the dog or his owner were amused with his puppy antics.

Deb

·
Registered
448 Posts
He was only obsessed with the small dogs in the adjacent area a small bit.
Kirby sounds like Nicky! What is this obsession with small dogs? Nicky will chase them all around the dog park. Does he think they're toys?

·
Registered
659 Posts
mtd885 said:
This is Dood. We met at the dog park here in Florida. He comes from out west and is a real sweet dog. He is visually impaired yet follows the scent to retrieve the ball every time!
Dood should do just fine, even with vision impairment. I had a nearly blind Australian Cattle Dog for about a year before my daughters took him. He also had a "gimpy" hind leg from being run over by a pickup truck. I got him from a rescue agency that found him nearly dead on one the Reservations around here. Anyway, his blindness didn't prevent him from fetching and catching frisbees. I think his body compensated for his loss of sight by developing "sonar" like a dolphin or The Daredevil.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kirby sounds like Nicky! What is this obsession with small dogs? Nicky will chase them all around the dog park. Does he think they're toys?
we can't figure out what he thinks they are :) Yesterday there were 2 small ones in the large area...but these were very spunky dogs who could stand up for themselves so they did a good job of keeping Kirby in his place.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I love the part about the glove :p :p Dexter, you rascal.

At Tanner's daycare they have small dogs in with the large...owners choice. A Whippet that comes everyday...rules from on top of a dog house. Several Pugs, a couple of Bull dogs, a Westie, Jack Russel Terrier..they all have a great time. Tanner usually buddies up with several large dogs...they run outside and play their favorite game of chase. Being with dogs of all size (no St. Bernards as yet and "Pit Bulls are banned) has been good for him. When we meet a small dog on our walks, he is very well behaved around them.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Ya just never have a camera when ya need one!! Sounds like a great day!! :D
The glove! LOL.......they'll always find something or some way to be happy and playful! :lol:

G

·
Bwahahahaha, I can just see Dexter prancing around saying, "I've got the glove, it's the BEST glove ever, and I have it!!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts