Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get home from work yesterday, and the dishwasher was open...no big deal, if Jonah leans on it just right, gravity does the rest. For us older posters, do you remember when margarine came in the larger bowls that could be reused? Well, my mom saved all those (25+years?? Considered them fine casual table wear. We have a plethora of colors ) and I use them when I want a larger salad. Anyway, Jonah took one and chewed it up all over the house. With the amount of "debris" I found, I figured he hadn't swallowed any. Fast forward 4am this morning....I wake up to a heaving Jonah...you all know the sound...and yes, dog food, grass, sticks, mixed with little red plastic pieces on the foot of my bed, the rug by the bed and the bed skirt. So I do a clean up, we all go outside for a potty, then back to bed. Jonah becomes Mr. Snugglebunny(sharing a pillow with me) and after a half hour I fall back to sleep. at 5am I am once again awoken to the wonderful heaving sound....this time on my pillow!! :shock: I had to do a fast rollover, because he was standing over me during this episode! I think we're all done now, but I can't get back to sleep now....he is of course! :twisted:

And that my friends is why I love the Lab part of the doodle!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GENE now that I know JONAH is okay--but i laughed my tushy off while reading this and choked on my coffee hahhahhhaahaaaaaaaa

( remember Max ate the wubba tennis ball las weekend and it took till 2am for his to finish giving it back---and gakked all over the house and crate 4 or 5 times till 2am with me running after him going" Nooo max on the floor ,,here..not there, not the rug hahahhaa)

HOW kind and caring of Jonah to be standing OVER YOU hahhaha he's such a faithful doodle. Like they say, the early bird gets the worm...and YOU almost got it :wink:

Of course Jonah went back to sleep, he was worn out. Though i must say Jonah is taming down a bit lately Gene...whadda ya think?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually he is at almost 16 months (tomorrow). He is turning into a very affectionate dog who will NOT go to sleep until he gets hugs!! Too funny!! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh he is such a sweetie pie...funny max is like that too, he wants us to lather attention on him before we go to sleep OR he keeps us up hahhahaa

GENE ...could you imagine Jonah in a "butter/ Parkay" commercial hahahaa!!! i could see the lid lifting in Jonah's mouth trying to say Parkay hahhhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...well i'm very glad jonah is ok. Dexter did a number on his dog bed last night (I never like hearing "bad Dexter" at 5 am - luckily it was only a ripped dog bed). We are hoping he didn't digest too much of the fabric :oops:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
So I am not sure I follow...are you saying labs chew and upchuck more than poodles :?: :?:

I bought Tanner one of the horse stall balls. That lasted 1 week before I had to toss it out...he saw it has a giant chew toy :twisted:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Gene ... There is nothing worse than the sound of something coming up in the wee hours of the morning (a cat sounds even worse)! :cry:

What is it with this indiscriminate eating? Is it really the lab in them? Ebbe would rather have a meal of paper towels than her bowl of food and leaving the cat food out in a dish ... perish the thought! We just watched her last night on the back porch as she went from stick, to leaf, to bug, to spider web ... all snacks despite the "No, Leave it"s.

I hope the clean up went smoothly and you were finally able to drift off although by then wasn't it "time to make the coffee"?!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Oh my! I'm glad to hear Jonah's feeling better. You are such a good dad Gene!! DH is not going to see this post.....I've been lobbying for Boyd to sleep upstairs! :roll:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
oh poor gene... you really need to perfect the grab and run to the nearest hard surface flooring or easily washed throw rug!!! if you do it right you can sometimes even get them outdoors before you know what happens!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's kind of hard to go from sound sleep to up and out! :wink: The second time was worse with 74+# of doodle on top of me!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I bet Jonah felt really bad for you right before he went back to sleep :? Where was Miko as all this transpired?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Ugggggg what a rude awakening.

I have to agree with it being the Lab blood. My labs will eat and chew and destroy anything they have access to for more than a minute. My Poodle isn't a chewer and other than being a garbage hound on occassion (if there's something really good in there), he woudn't dream of making a mess.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK here's a toy that Max took 4mos before he can start to EVEN chew the tiniest piece off of. They're teething rings with rubber similar to kongs.

we have 3 of them here and one is now 8mos old and just getting a tad worn.
The large one is $5.99 and smaller one is $4.99 i got the 1st one at TARGET and the others at Country Max. the large one is hard to find but the smaller one works just as good.
If anyone wants one let me know ok? i can see when Country Max will get more in and mail it to you if don't have a Target or Country Max.

here's a pic of Lisa's doodles with one i mailed her and Lisa said Lani and Toby LOVE IT.

PS ---Max has chewed and eaten Wubbas in one day, jolly Ball in 20min, bones get splintered in 30min, forget bully sticks, toys are ripped open in 15min, and the list continues.
so KONgs and Teething ring are only ones we don't see brought back up or in our yard :wink: :D :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Gene
Glad Jonah is better and getting his sleep.
I have woken to that sound just in time myself
only it was with a cat. Nothing gets you moving faster then
when you hear a cat getting ready and know that their
bed is directly over your head. Hubby missed the warning
a few times and well it was not pretty, but very funny later on.
Bahhahhahhahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Gene, glad to hear Jonah, and you are both no worse for the wear

I've never had a poodle, but my Labs would chew anything they could get too -

AB prefers chewing outside, anything wood she can get her teeth on, she will chew on the edges of the shed, all four bottom corners have been chewed off
She has been seen trying to climb the tree to get at the branches - by the time I got camera she was down - neighbor was standing there laughing at her she was stretched as tall as she could get against the tree, gnawing on the bottom branch, sillly girl

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
from all the people i know with labs hahahhaaa they are nicknamed "garbage cans" cause they will eat just about anything. Whereas most poodles are comics and some can have poodle tummy.

SUE your hubby still love your cats? hahahhahaa

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Oh poor Jonah, and poor you!!!! What a miserable night the both of you must have had...glad he's feeling better Gene...get to bed early and get a good night's sleep! Maybe you'd better take an umbrella with you just in case....hahahahaha...

·
Registered
298 Posts
OHHHHHH Jonah!!!!!!!

You poor thing, hope you're ok now baby.

Like you, Lexi will chew, destroy and swallow anything thats not nailed down! You'd think she'd learn over time that eating mud, sticks,bugs, paper towel, napkins, shoes, and/or anything else that isn't nailed down - makes her sick!!!!!!!!!!

I've always said, being a doodle parent is like having a toddler without a diaper!

Still-ya gotta love 'em.

Maddie and Lexi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts