Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to stay overnight at the college I'll be attending tomorrow!
I can not wait!!!
It's called Accepted Student Celebration Day and we're going to Boston and hanging out and all sorts of great things on campus!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the school.
I never really fit in at my high school...
And Gordon is going to be fantastic... a lot of kids who share in my Christian faith!
WAHOOOOOO!!!
(Sorry, had to vent my excitement somewhere!)

But my poor Doodle is going to be depressed when I leave in the fall.
How do you take care of a blue doodle....?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Congrats on getting into the college of your choice and good luck - have fun at your overnite

I would say it would be really good to have your parents and sibling(s) start to spend more and more time with Sammy so he is very use to them when you leave. Also, if you can, take a few overnite trips - maybe stay with a friend here and there so Sammy knows you will come back when you leave

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Congrats on the new college!!
Another question......what do you do with a blue doodle parent......? :wink: I think you'll miss her as much as she'll miss you! :wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
ditto on what Mary and Gene said. It will be hard but take tons of pictures of Sammy with you.

G

·
Wow! Congratulations! And you will be home often! Colleges seem to have all those really fun , long breaks! :lol:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Congratulations on getting into a good college!
I don't have any words of wisdom for the separation anxiety though... mine get worried when I run to town for half an hr. LOL

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhh Congrats!!!!! you sound so happy to be going to a college which seems great!!
and for loneliness? can you have someone take photos or videos and post them to photobucket for you. That way you can always view them till you have a break to go home.

also make up a collage of pics , frame it and hang in your room :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Snugglebugs said:
:D Congratulations to you!! My sister went to Gordon College! She loved it. It's a wonderful school. I visited her there a few times and went to her graduation. It's a beautiful campus.
Awesome... It's really great there!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the most AMAZING weekend...
Just fantastic, I really love it a lot.

Spoke w/the field hockey coach again and met some of the team.
Really friendly and sweet girls and Mr. Ward, known at school as "Coach Cory" is a great coach from what I can see.

And I met a girl who I have had contact with online and we are really compatable!
I'm considering asking her to condiser rooming with me... Just have to figure how to do so without it being awkward...

So now I've put down my $250 and am officially a "Fighting Scot" (which we have yet to figure out exactly what a Scot is... even the college kids aren't sure, lol!). I even have a brandy-new sweatshirt, field hockey shirt, and canvas tote to declare my college spirit!

And then I came home and was almost knocked over by a happy doodle who wanted to lick my face off and almost chewed my lip off in the process! And he's heading upstairs to sleep with me... er in my room (I'm on the top bunk!) :lol:

Ah, I'm so happy tonight... :D :D :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwh...that's so great :) I played field hockey in high school and it's such a fun sport. You will have such a great time and Sam will be so happy to see you when you come home to visit :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cinsmom said:
So are you going to get a scholarship with the field hockey?
DIII Schools can't gove scholarships, but they can however buy me goalie gear which runs at at least $1,000.
The coach assured me he outfits every goalie with almost entirely new gear and possibly entirely new gear...

And academically I am getting a $7,000 renewable scholarship...

It all helps, but tuition is still a stretch at $35,000-$38,000!!! :shock:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
It all helps, but tuition is still a stretch at $35,000-$38,000!!!
WOW!! I'm starting to feel old...I graduated in 2000 and tuitions were nowhere near that (I went to a public school, but even the private schools I looked at were so much less)...I guess it's like anything in the economy...cost of living is out of control!

Anyway, congrats on your academic scholarship :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts