Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had some great hikes in the snow lately but when we get back to the car, poor Tanner's legs were weighted down with snowballs. The last three times we took him, I rubbed Cowboy Magic all over his legs and paws. Results....no snowballs at all. I wanted to try it several times before I recommended it but if you have some, you may want to try it. Let me know if it works for you. It also helps to keep his legs from matting.

If you are interested in buying it, I just googled "Cowboy Magic" and bought from the cheapest dealer.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Thanks annie! i am giong to google it now and check it out
as PEANUT's coat OMG every bit of snow clings to her and it takes me 20 min to brush them out

ANNIE ...you using the Detangler one right?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Too funny.

I use this the detangler on the horses mane/tails all the time. It's a GREAT product and really helps get those rats out quickly without any damage to their hair.

And it smells good too!

That's cool that it works for doggy snowballs too!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks ANNIE cause i also found a site that carries supplies for aquariums (in addition to Magic Cowboy))
prices are inexpensive even with shipping! :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the detangler...I think I paid $6.95. It is available at horse supply store but I think it would cost me that much in gas and frustration to get there.

We put it on Tanner this AM for a snow hike and it has now snowed two times since and he has been out for probably 2 hours all together...no snow sticking at all. :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks...and CountryMax down road sells it where i get my Canidae dogfood :D

G

·
That's great that it works for snowballs! I will use it next snow! Just a word of warning, it is VERY slippery, if you put it on your dog and she then lays on the tile, the tile will be super slippery! (Found out the hard way: Ouch!)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Wow! We finally got some good snow and my puppy with the poodley coat has been dragging his snowballs in and out of the house for the last couple of days. I'm glad he likes the snow but my house is quickly turning messy as he wants in and out all of the time, which I let him out so that he can be a good boy with potty training. Our local feed store carries it but doesn't have it right now...should be in this next Monday. I want it now!!!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I will definitely google this! Thanks Annie!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts