Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a new home for Chloe. A lady (Heather) that works with me (who ironically showed me the breeder site for Chloe) will be opening her heart, home and family to Chloe. We have always jokingly called her Chloe's godmother. She has a little boy who has wanted a dog forever and I think Chloe will fit in wonderfully with their family. They live in the country so she will have so much room to run and play. I cannot describe all of the emotions that I have felt since picking her up yesterday. I cried myself to sleep over the situation last night, knowing that I was doing the right thing, yet hurting all the same. At least with Chloe going to someone close to me, I will be able to keep track of her progress and even visit if I want. I hope that Chloe adapts well and doesn't think bad of me. Hopefully her new family will be the best 1st birthday present ever! I will tell Heather about this site so maybe she will post and keep you guys updated on Chloe. Of course, I will always visit this site (doodle or no doodle) because I love reading everyone's stories.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Great news! Please DO stick around! Who can love a dog as much as the "godmother"? Good for you, Autumn!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Beautiful news!! She'll still be nearby and all...awesome!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sounds like its a great match for Chloe! I hope you can now put your mind at rest and know that you did a GOOD thing! :) And you will get to see her again to boot!!! :D

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
That is great news. In will be hard but it will be nice to have chole so close that you could maybe go see her. :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am glad you found a new loving forever home for Chloe and yet i understand what you are feeling.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Autumn, You're doing the right thing for all involved. Remember, dogs live in the present, and don't hold grudges. She will be happy to see you when you visit.....and everyone being happy is what's most important. You ARE a good mommy and a wonderful person!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts