Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Napa went to the Vet yesterday to have his anal glands expressed for the first time. Apparently we should have brought him in earlier, because they were "very full".

I know there have been conversations about food and its affect on Anal glands. Napa only eats dog food. He's on Royal Canine Puppy food. So, I was wondering if there was a food out there that's eliminated the need for Anal gland expression. I'd rather buy different food, than spend $30 on the expression, if I had a choice. I'm already buying "expensive" food, so, it isn't a problem for me to change that. But, the aftermath of the Vet visit isn't one I'd like to have to experience every few months, if I don't absolutely have to.

Second question. Napa's in need of another grooming. The hair between his paws are too long, and his nails need to be groomed. On top of that, the hair on his head is too long. He already looks like a small standard poodle, and with the fluffy head and really tight curly body, its even more so. Does anyone have any ideas that I could tell the groomer to get a calmer head? I'm going to let the body grow out for now, so I just need to figure out how to get his head to match his body, and the labradoodle look. If that makes sense?

Here's some pictures from today. Oh and his tail needs some help to. But I'm really at a loss of what I should be telling the groomer to do.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Look here:

http://idog.biz/QuickDownloads/Professional Groomer Inst.pdf

And here:

http://www.labradoodleasd.com/ASD.grooming.htm

I print out the first one, check the things I want done, and take it to the groomer's with me. They love having specific instructions!

I sometimes trim the hair on the bottom of Nicky's feet between his toes using a small pair of scissors that have rounded tips. I bought them in a drugstore. They are Tweezerman Limited Facial Hair Scissors.

Nicky is just now getting better about allowing me to trim his nails. He has dark nails so I have to be very careful not to cut the quick. It's very hard to see. I bought nail clippers at PetSmart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts