Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah! Coco finally got over and got rid off her giardia worms in her intestines! After giving her daily pills and fluids for the past month and a half, I think she's finally getting better! HOORAAAAAY!

At 15 weeks she's 20 pounds, so she's a little on the small side, and the vet said this is due to the intestinal critters. Will she start growing super fast to make up for lost time, or start growing normally?

Anyway, now I don't have to give pills to my dog through means of my teeth fearing fingers. Yay for antibiotics!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
alright!! what good news shelby's!! so happy to hear Ccco is better and rid of giardia!!! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
You know....never thought of that. I've been putting the capsule in yogurt and putting it in her food and find 1/2 of it in the bowl. Never thought to open it up....duh! :wink:
Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
You know....never thought of that. I've been putting the capsule in yogurt and putting it in her food and find 1/2 of it in the bowl. Never thought to open it up....duh!
...anybody remember that old Clairol commercial from the 60's?

"If I have only one life .... let me live it as a BLOND!" See above quote ^

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
FoodLady said:
You know....never thought of that. I've been putting the capsule in yogurt and putting it in her food and find 1/2 of it in the bowl. Never thought to open it up....duh!
...anybody remember that old Clairol commercial from the 60's?

"If I have only one life .... let me live it as a BLOND!" See above quote ^
Bahhahahahaahahaahaahhahahaahahhahahahaahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
So glad to hear Coco's on the mend!

Be careful with opening capsules - check with Vet first - some meds are time released and should not be opened up - but I guess if it's that or nothing it's prob better

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone :D!

The pills I gave were swallow pills; I had to force her mouth open, drive the pill to the back of her throat, close her mouth, and rub her throat until she swallowed it. I'm guessing these were capsules, but man, my fingers are still throbbing :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Have you ever tried pill pockets...I buy them at my vets office...they are made out of beef or chicken. Both Tanner and my cat will take any pill when they are wrapped in the "Pill Pocket". :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts