Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago we got a 9 month old labradoodle named Leno. His previous owner had taken on 2 jobs and didnt have the time for him, and Leno was left in a cage 90% of the day. About a month before that my uncle had gotten a labradoodle aswell and he had been telling us how well there dog was with their kids. So, when my husband told me about Leno I was very interested but still didnt know much about the breed. The first night he came home with us was amazing. He bonded immediately with all of us, and for a dog spending almost all day in a cage he had a wonderful personality. He is the funniest dog. He loves kids. And we recently discovered he loves to swim. Today I decided to go online to learn more about this breed but im having no luck. One site referred to them as an "over paid mutt". So any information or tips I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!! :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi
You will find lots of great information on this forum. There are many knowledgeable labradoodle owners here who are more than willing to share their expertise. And if they don't have an answer to your specific question, they can tell you where to find it.

And the best thing is - everybody on this forum is so positive, friendly and supportive. I have learned so much and been so grateful for all the advice I have found here since getting my dog last December.

Good luck with your new friend!

·
Registered
197 Posts
welcome to the forum, and welcome to the breed. I love my doodle (goldendoodle) and believe that they mix btw poodles and labs/ retrievers makes an unbeatable dog. You get the best out of both breeds. Good luck with your new addition to your family!
terri lynn

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hi, and welcome to you and to Leno!
I'm a breeder...there are several of us on this forum and we love all the great Doodle-owners and doodles! Personally we rescued/adopted a 10-mo. old doodle, our Yankee, and holy cow, she was such a lover right from the start! So I can picture your first moments with Leno. And what a funny name!

What color is Leno? I hope you'll visit often and share pictures too. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thats awsome, congratulations to you and your family on the new addition. Get some photos on so we can see them. I am pretty new at this Doodle ownership and I have been amazed at the good information I have received from our friends on this forum. It's funny, I will have a question and most of the time It has already been answered on here somewhere.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello All......thanks to everyone who has replied :D Leno is all black and he looks a bit different from other labradoodle pics I have seen. His hair is more wavy than curly. He has these big eye brow hairs that cover his eyes. And the thing that gets him the most attention is his beard. If you looked at him from a distance you would think he is a black lab, but then ppl always ask me "why does he have a beard". Then I explain he is a labradoodle, and most ppl have never heard of this breed. He is just such a great dog, and Id definately recommend this breed to anyone who has kids and is looking for a great family dog.

And grrrrrr I cant figure out how to load a pic here! but when I do I will post one!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad you found us here we all get along and support each other competely. I will be very busy today Puppy shots, micro-chips, and company visiting my puppies but if you want to email me a picture I will try and get it uploaded for you it might be tomorrow before I caan get to it though. Any one else not as busy might also do it for you. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I would really like to add a pic of Leno here for everyone to see, but im just computer challenged :roll: So if anyone would like to help me out that would be great. My email address is [email protected] Email me and I'll send a pic or 2 back for you to post. Sorry I cant figure this out on my own :?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome, you will love it here :) I just tried uploading pictures to the gallery again and it is still not letting me do it. I sent an e-mail to Mark so hopefully he will get it taken care of real quick.

Leno sounds like a real charmer and he is very lucky to have found your family to adopt him. Labradoodles are the BEST :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A day at the beach, his favorite place to be...he loves to swim too!

We do bring a chain with us where ever we go..he didnt have much training or anything with his previous owner and he has run away from us a few times, I am disbabled and couldnt run after him...that was not a fun day. We hope soon we will be able to let him roam free at the beach!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After playing around I figured out how to load a pic... well...this is my boy Leno. Awww he is just so cute, I tell him everyday he is handsome! lol .....so here is a couple more pics :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi! And welcome to you and Leno!
Oh, my yes....he looks like an F1 Labradoodle for sure! (That is the first cross between a Lab and Poodle.)
I am so happy that you found this forum...if you search the archives, you will find all sorts of information and helpful advice...and lots of pictures to show you that your Leno is very similar to the F1s! Have you checked out the photo albums on the site? If not, go to the Directory Home, click on the Photo section and then look at the various pictures...you will probably be most interested in the F1 dogs...bet you find some that look just like Leno!
Congratulations...and don't fret about those "nay-sayers!" You will find many who dislike Doods (because they are prejudice and won't give the dog a chance) but you will also find many, many who love the breed. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all who have replied. This forum has been really helpful. I've sat here about 2 hours reading through all the posts. Most people here have some great tips and information.

I feel like im repeating myself, but Leno is just such a great dog. His personality is awesome, I really couldnt ask for a better dog. And after reading everyone's stories of their own dog its just great to see how wonderful labradoodles are.

Thanks again!!! :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey seazr!! You are right, they do look the same..only a different color. Does Dakota have a beard like Leno does?? The beards are cute...and I think thats how Leno got his name....the whole beard/chin thing!!...funny thing is, my husbands name is Jay!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts