Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE my doodle. I must say - I never really liked dogs.. yes.. you heard it here first - being honest. As a kid I was mortified when mom let the dogs lick the plates I would one day eat off of.. Doggy snot on the car window.. and worst of all for me shedding.. ewww - as a teenager wearing those cool black work out pants and then the white dog would rub up againt me - ewww - TAPE ROLLER TAPE ROLLER!!!

I dont know why - my family has ALWAYS loved our dogs and I would avoid them.. I just never liked dogs.. I liked to look at them but I wouldnt want one.

Well.. I got married, my husband wanted a dog.. he also works nights and felt I would be safer.. and I have 2 sons and my oldest wanted a dog.. I knew I would end up being the one to clean up and take care of this dog...

But I took a chance I did it anyway and I must say if I had a bigger bed Id even let her sleep with me! I LOOOOVE my baby!! LOVE her! My parents are amazed.. I hug her.. hold her everything.. I haven't got up to doggie kisses yet.. but maybe someday!!

Shes my baby!!! I am so proud to say she now sits, stays, lays down, shakes and retrieves objects on command.. and shes only 15 weeks! I feel like a mommy bragging about her child!

I have to say at first I was a little taken back by so many people who LOVE their dogs so much, because I couldn't understand it - I never felt it.. but now I know where you're coming from!

I cant wait to share pics with you of little Miss Molly Doodle!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Isn't it amazing how things turn out sometimes?? When we surprise even ourselves? I love this story!

Please post photos of your baby ASAP!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhh good story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that having one's own dog makes it more special, Denver is the best dog in the whole wide world of course. Teehee!!!!
You certainly develop more bondng then when it was your parents dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts