Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Montana (my chocolate lab) is leaking milk as of yesterday afternoon and is doing a lot of restless walking and stretching today, so I'm keeping a close eye on her now. Am hoping this is the onset of labor so I can see what she's got for us!

I hope she does as well as her sister even though I know she'll have a really small litter in comparison. *fingers crossed**

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Wow you gonna be busy
Keep us posted with lots of pictures.
Congrats again for the babies you have and the new ones coming :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
will be waiting for the good news and pics!!! hope all goes well and good luck :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today is the 62nd day... Montana feels "cool to the touch today" so am still watching her.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Crossed paws and well wishes from your pals in Ohio....May your delivery be swift and easy!
The same from this part of Ohio ... many prayers for all the puppies ... and Moms too!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!
No puppies yet, but she's got a clear discharge! She's still eating and VERY active, but had loose stools earlier... so she's just taking her time getting ready. Maybe waiting for me to come in and post so she could have some alone time? lol

I brought her inside the house for about an hr, but she was so excited we couldn't stand her. She was up on the cupboard, on the table, on the couch, running up and down the hall, bouncing off the walls and relieving herself every few minutes on the floor. She kept jumping on me, jumping on dh, just being obnoxious and wild! She wouldn't stop running, so we decided she had to go back out. OMG I wish I could bottle her energy! She's like my 2 yr old granddaughter on steroids. :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahha i am sitting here like the excited family member , i keep checking this post throughout the day and going " ok when is SHE going to have these puppies!" hahhahahaaa

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to keep making you all wait. LOL
Believe me I share your agony!
She's not changed one iota overnight. She has an occassional light discharge, now that it's cooler out she's panting less, she's as active as ever, she's still got runny stools, is still eating, running, jumping.

Today is the 63rd day. I tried explaining that to her, hoping it would help. :roll: I've read that they have to be able to relax in order to transition smoothly... so maybe that's the key here? She's not one who likes to relax!

Anyway, she seems fine, quite happy for all the special attention and is dragging it out for all it's worth. Time wise she could wait another few days safely, but with the symptoms she has, I wouldn't expect it. But then I expected she was revving up yesterday. She's dug a hole in her pen that's at least 2 feet deep and almost straight up and down on the sides. She sits IN it by dropping her back half in and settling down on top. Once in, only the very top of her head is visible. I took this to be "nesting" behavior (for a badger!) Her nice private birthing area is all clean and ready with fresh bedding only feet away, but remains untouched.

I can feel my hair turning gray one by one. :lol:

G

·
I hope your puppies come soon and safely so you can breathe a sigh of relief!!! We are sending happy thoughts from here!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver and I both send our wishes for healthy puppies and healthy Mom and for it to happen soon. How is Cananda doing and her new family?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just checked and she's IN the dog house and actually laying down, but nothing of great interest that I can see going on yet. I think she was sent to me to teach me patience.... Imagine that at MY AGE! As the buzzard was known to have said while waiting for his dinner to expire... "patience my anatomy!" Ahem... anyway, just wanted to tell ya all I'm still waiting too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts