Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. You all know I am re-homing Lizzie the terrier and am already on the lookout for a friend for Calvin. In the paper last week there was an add for a female Labradoodle the same age as Calvin for sale. I called her to find out that it is actually Calvins sister! The owner is the sister of the girl I got Calvin from and she got pick of the litter. They chose the "curliest girl". Now they are moving and cannot keep her...(she is also pregnant with her 4th child due any day now!). ANYWAY! I am going to see her tomorrow. I will take pics of her to post later! While I am there, what should I be looking for? Type of home environment, how she interacts with the kids, any other pets?, WHAT ELSE?
If it looks good and she seems nice, we will try to arrange her to meet Calvin on neutral territory. I told her that I cannot take possession of any new dog until Lizzie is gone, so she understands that.
any advice? Thanks!
Leslie

G

·
Leslie!
WooHoo! I had a feeling this might work out for you! I am so glad you pursued the possibility! I am not sure what you are supposed to look for...gut feeling? :lol: I am looking forward to lot's of photos! :lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Leslie, we just got our second doodle a week ago and I just love having two. They are inseparable pals and Sawyer hasn't stolen a sock since Huck got here! Good luck to you!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HOPE all works out well for you Leslie and hopefully you'll have doodle #2.

I now have 2 msyself...got peant almost 6 weeks ago. her and max are now inseparable buddies!!!! tons of fun

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Leslie....congratulations! Just make sure Calvin goes with you and see what he thinks. I made sure to take Jonah when I got Miko.....of course, he was more interested in their cats! :wink: I just made sure he didn't growl or react in a bad way. He just sniffed her and said OK, we can do it! :lol:

Can't wait to hear the results and of course....post some pictures!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O.K. Went to meet Calvins sister today. What a sweetie! No barking or growling at me on my approach. Just butt waggin' and general excitement. She did not jump either! She leaned against me so I HAD to pet her. She is smaller than Calvin and curlier. Her coat is more silver also..Here is her pic...

I woulde like to get her, but need to have Lizzie adopted out first. Wish me luck...I'll keep everyone posted!
Leslie

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Good luck Leslie, she's a doll :) It would be neat to have a brother and sister.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wow... Good luck Leslie! How great to have a brother and sister!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts