Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Ana! My family is getting a labradoodle puppy very soon. He or she would not be a gift to me but we are getting them on my birthday which is june 27! VERY SOON! And I could not be more exicted! I am a really REALLY BIG DOG LOVER and I do have some experience I have had mixed breed dogs before, a siberian husky, a beagle, a fox terrier, and I volunteer at local animal shelters and walk dogs in my neighborhood. But, not until recently I have heard about the new breed labradoodles. They sound PERFECT and the description fits everything my mom needed in a dog, because that is the only way shes getting one (thats what she tells me :D ) . So one morning I woke up and she told me about this breed and was all excited and happy! And so now we found a breeder that is in our area and has puppies available! We are going to see them this weekend and come back closer to my birthday!

Now here is my question:
We have crate-trained all of our dogs so far and it has been successful! I was just wondering if that is the best method for labradoodles...and how they react when they come home forthe first couple weeks...I guess I'm just looking for some helpful tips on the breed! Any personal info from you and your experiences woulld be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ana 8)

·
Registered
103 Posts
AWWW congrats! I know you are so excited! My puppy Charlie is 4 months old and i have had him for almost a week now! Hes the BEST! I know you will love yours just like we all love ours! Make sure you show us LOTS of pictures! I know we all love pictures!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would also crate train this puppy, we have also crate trained all our dogs and i wouldnt have it any other way! Once they get used to it they love their crates. Charlie sleeps ALL night in his crate with NO WHINING! Its Heaven!!!!! Make sure you constantly take you puppy outside also (housebreaking!), but im sure you already know that! I dont really know what to say except give him LOST of attention!!!!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Congratulations Ana on your soon to be puppy :D :D Crate training is the best way to go. What generation Labradoodle are you getting? What color? We're excited to see pics, so please post some when you can. I highly recommend doing some obedience classes with your new Doodle, it is a great bonding time and what your Doodle learns in those 8 wks. will be remembered and will make for a very enjoyable union. Take advantage of the next 3 wks and read everything you can about the Labradoodle, this is a fun time in your life, enjoy every minute :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone!!! i'll try to use all your advice!! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Congratulations, Ana! You will love your Labradoodle.
I think that if you have been successful in crate training other dogs, you should use the same methods with your Dood...they are smart and I think you will find that they are easy to train. But be warned...they are so smart that if you are not careful, your new puppy will train you! :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaa thanks jac!!!! oh and i will update with pics once i get my puppy! (my digital camera is broken at the moment though..which has been really annoying recently :roll: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts