Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebbe has been sneezing quite a bit lately. Is this normal? She went through this in early spring .... it tapered off .... and now it has kicked in again. I've heard a least one sneeze a day since we got her, but these are successive ... her nose is then a little runny, but nothing prolonged.

Maybe the house is dustier than I thought :oops:

Any other doodles out there being "blessed"? Is this a vet (aka should I worry) problem?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Sounds like seasonal allergies. Unless they get really bad, I wouldn't worry. Usually they're just a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon is a sneezer too. And I've noticed when hers start, a few days later she's fine. And yes, when I hear her start I always think it's time to dust!

Cinnaon will rub her nose on me when she starts sneezing. Does Ebbe rub her runny nose on your pant leg?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does Ebbe rub her runny nose on your pant leg?
I'm afraid to say "no", because I'll go home and the first thing she'll do is rub her runny nose on me. She seems to sense these things ....

She will however wipe her dripping chin on the most convenient lap, which really went over big the day she did it to my MOL :oops: !

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Does sound like seasonal allergies. AB gives the occassional sneeze but not alot - had a lab who had seasonal allergies but not bad enough to have to medicate her.

This is a bad time of year - ragweed ugggggggh, we have it until we get a really hard freeze :cry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buster is a sneezer as well. It is cute in a strange way until the runny nose is blown all over your glasses. Who knew puppy snot smeared so well? However, being a new parent I went straight to the vet who calmed all my fears and confirmed allergies. Some days are worse than others especially when Buster decides to inhale dandelion fuzz.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many Thanks for the reassurance! Sneezer :? ! House is still dusty, but it is nice to know it's not THAT bad! :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh Mindi ... if you only knew ... we've had a 6 to 8 week remodeling project that began on 05.04.07 and is ALMOST finished.

Even though it's been in the lower level, all that pounding and jack hammering and all day open doors have created a mess in every nook and cranny! :shock:

I've discovered that I have to empty every room of anything that isn't too heavy (even rolling up rugs) and clean it top to bottom. Each room is taking hours and I am sneezing. I can only do this effectively if Ebbe is at daycare and so Saturdays are the designated cleaning days! The other rooms see the dust rag and vacuum awaiting their turn. If a toy gets under something or in a corner we have a doodle with a dust bunny beard! :oops:

·
Registered
150 Posts
When I spray my hairspray, Angel will stick her nose up in the air and start sniffing (maybe she likes the smell?) and then instantly starts sneezing! :) She does it every time...you'd think she'd learn that it makes her sneeze!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mindi beat me to it!

since the start of this post......I have becone a sneezer....thanks!!
Was my story to dusty for you? :( Or is it the season?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts