Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden, for a couple of weeks now, Charlie has been absolutely smelly. It seems like he has gas constantly. Could it just be his food? We haven't changed it recently either. Like all dogs, he would let one go once in a while, but now it seems constant. He eats Iams lamb and rice, should I try something different?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It very well could be the food, have you given him any people food even small bites or treats that you recall? If you haven't then I'd have to say the food. IAMS is a good food but doesn't mean it agrees with every dog I guess.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Iams made my weimaraner pass quite a bit of the methane stuff.

We've started Bogie on the Dick van Patten..........but since have heard of the Pet Promise.......gonna get that today and change him gradually.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Lately Miss Miko Princess has been the Queen of the SBD's!! With the three doods now, she's been eating faster.....best way to keep your food, and since I ran out of pineapple, she's been eating Jonah's poop again. So far, she has no interest in Rumor's.... :roll:
The SBD's wouldn't be as much of a problem if her two fav places weren't under my computer desk, or butt faced my way sleeping in bed at night!!
.......fire one!!......fire two!!.......fire three!!.....target hit, immobilized, and nauseous!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's been eating the lamb and rice since August when we got him, and it has never been this bad. He hasn't had anything else lately either, we don't feed him table food. It was so bad the other night, my mother-in-law who was baby sitting, put him in his cage in the other room because she coudln't take it anymore.

I guess I'll try transitioning him over to the regular Iams instead of the lamb and rice to see if it helps.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually think it may be a little og both, there are definatly two different odors flying around. He has a groomer appointment Saturday which should take care of the gland issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Licorice went through this and I changed her food over to a Turkey and Barley formula. She still lets them loose at times but they dont stink anymore.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we eliminated all treats for max and found out last year it was his food

max is KING of the SBD's ...peanut is a true girl ...Beau not too long ago gave max some competition hahahhaaaa

i found some foods to produce more gas than others both in treats and dogfood, but each dog is different

let us know how it goes

for us Canidae was the only dogfood where our doodles didn't have gas

OH dogbones aka dogbuscuits gave mine gas so did MORE than a teaspoon of yougurt hahhahaaa...same with bully sticks and pig ears which no longer are bought

·
Registered
25 Posts
Boudica was very gassy when we were giving her Iams, and it almost completely went away after switching to Canidae. Stopped getting ear infection too.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
The SBD's wouldn't be as much of a problem if her two fav places weren't under my computer desk, or butt faced my way sleeping in bed at night!!
.......fire one!!......fire two!!.......fire three!!.....target hit, immobilized, and nauseous!!
Gene you just kill me................
Bahahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I know....gene you have a way about you!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
.......fire one!!......fire two!!.......fire three!!.....target hit, immobilized, and nauseous!!
Gene - sounds like Santa needs to bring you a GAS MASK for Christmas!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
UH GENE is a GUY so i am SURE he competes with Jonah and/or all 3 doodles :mrgreen:

(note: remember guys rate these at times) :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
OMG, Annmarie, you don't think the 4 of them have contests, do you??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm almost laughing too hard to type!) Gene, you'd better jump in here and defend yourself!!! :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK i have the Phffft-OVER Here blog article to prove it!!!
or at least in my house with teenage boys, Dave and max! hahahhaa

Gene come on defend yourself as being the TOP SBD'er in your home or is that in your castle? hahhhaaa!!!! go for it!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I ADMIRE your honesty GENE hahhahaa
and GLAD you didn't TMI the results hahhahaa!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
GOOD ANSWER GENE!!!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts