Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tucker has started to move from chew toys to furniture. He eats all his kibble from chew toys (although he tends to push these around rather than actually chew them). He's only 13 weeks, so this might just be a puppy stage. I don't want to use those sprays on the furniture since they have chemicals. Any ideas how to stop this?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hmmm...well we caught Dexter chewing once time on our bookshelf...we sprayed bitter apple on it and after a taste he never went back.

If you don't want to use a spray, I would just not let him out of your sight. Anytime you catch him starting to chew, tell him "no" or "ah ah" or whatever you use and give him a chew toy and tell him "good chew". He is probably still confused as to what is and what isn't appropriate to chew on.

G

·
Maya has been trying to get in the garbage lately I sprayed a little bitter apple on the top and the can and she hasn't touched it lately. Not sure what you would do if you don't want to use the spray.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i try to catch them in the act, say no and then give them an appropriate chew toy and praise them for chewing it

i've also Recreate the problem , so you may want to sit by furniture your doodle likes to taste, wait and when your doodles goes to chew,
correct with NO (or whatever word you use) and hand appropriate chew toy

good luck! :D let us know how it goes

OH dont' use tabasco sauce, many dogs end up liking it :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts