Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I really want to get a large 4" furminator brush. They are about $60 locally (Calgary, AB Canada). Does anyone have any suggestions where I might be able to get one for a better price (on-line or elsewhere?).

I looked at amazon and ebay but by the time I pay for shipping to Canada it ends up costing about the same. Any info or tips would be most appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm....

From what I understand it is safe for doodles as long as they don't have a curly coat that can matt. Bailey has a wavy, wiry coat.

I have the small furminator and it is the only thing that gets the loose hair out. I have tried everything!!! He is 8 months old and I'm hoping this is the blowing of the puppy coat.

I want the larger one only because Bailey isn't very patient or tolerant of brushing. The small one it tends to take a long time. In hindsight, I should have bought the larger one to start with.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got mine at costco.com. The price for a large is $49.99 including shipping with a bag of Furminator treats. I don't know if ordering from Canada make a difference or not with regards to the shipping.

Heather

·
Registered
385 Posts
I got mine on ebay and had it sent to relatives in the states... then mailed to me. Or have it mailed to a mail center in the states (there are quite a few just over the border). That way you send there and pay a small fee for them to hold/receive it. I've ordered a few things and had them delivered from the states to Canada and the shipping isn't always that bad you just have to find the right supplier. Plus the CAD$ is doing so well now against the US$, at least we don't get totally ripped off any more ;)

As far as it not working for a doodle... it ONLY works for the shedding doodles. It looks like Baily should be okay. It is a wonderful thing for Brie... it definitely cuts down on the hair that we find around the house as long as we keep up with the brushing.

:)
Sarah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts