Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at the computer catching up on a zillion things. I brought the laptop into the dining room so I can keep an eye on everybody.

Dexter is staring at me. I kinda shoosh him away...I know he's been playing with a ball for the last 20-30 minutes, quite happily. Ok Dex, you lost your ball??...a quick check under the dining room hutch....there's a tennis ball that I see hiding, so I fish it out for him. Back to my computer work.

I'm vaguely aware about 3-4 mins later that Dex is staring at me again. Right next to me. Just staring. Ok Dex, whatsup....did you lose your ball again?? I look under the hutch again, see a tennis ball, and toss it to him. I didn't really realize that he kind of ignored it.

So I'm typing up a storm again....a few mins pass by, I'm completely engrossed.....and then I sense Dex staring at me again. No woofing, no pawing, just politely staring. WHAT NOW DEX??? I look under the hutch again, thinking OK, he can't get to his tennis ball. Off to the side of the hutch I see the two tennis balls that I just got for him...untouched. Not interested in the least. So why is he still staring at me??...I look under the hutch again, and I make out his squeaky ball. So I get that and flip it to him, and he trots off happy as can be.

Dex, the dog who LOVES tennis balls, just wanted his squeaky ball this time. Gosh, I love this dog.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Oh Dex...you were so patient...waiting till your mom figured it out.

It always amazes me that Tanner looks in his toy basket and picks what he wants to play with on a particular day and nothing else will do....Doodles are the best :p :p

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
We are so hard to train. But it is funny how we get trained when we don't know it. Cacao has done that a few times with me. Good job Dex.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Oh, what a cute exchange!! Such patience and good manners!! I am impressed!! Coco usually bats my hand off the key board with real
insistence.....when she wants something she gets pretty demanding....
but then, I may have tuned her out for too long!!

Loved the story, Lynn! They are wonderful pals.

·
Registered
659 Posts
seazr said:
Dakota loves to 'accidentally' loose his tennis balls under the chair so I have to 'fetch' for him . . .
OH YEAH.... We know THAT routine, don't we Ozzie?!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
That is so cute!
I always get the nose bump to the arm. Then the look that says, "Stupid human..."
:lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Jac said:
That is so cute!
I always get the nose bump to the arm. Then the look that says, "Stupid human..."
:lol:
Nose bump on the arm? Ebbe decides to transform into a bird and gives us a "goose" on the rear end!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
:lol: hahahaha Mary, I get those too....imagine with 10 dogs...and Chase has taught them all how to do the crotch bump! I am used to it now, but when people visit it is hilarious to see their faces when they get a crotch bump!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i play fetch daily in morning and night......i swear they let the ball at times goes UNDER the couch to include me ! cause if i don't get the squeaky ball , then max whines with Beau and Peanut doing the nose nudge hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

and i love watching each doodle go to their toy box daily and pick out the toy they want, of course later on they all want the same one hahhaaa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts