Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vanessa...WOW!!! she is really good and i love how she flies bye in the 2nd video

max loves frisbee but usually the frisbee gets caught later in in a tug of war with peanut hahhaaaaa

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Great videos Vanessa!!! Mija sure loves the Frisbee!!! And the mountains are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Great Videos. A true talent. I look forward to getting Marley involved in this and being that good. Nice job Mija!!! :eek: :lol: :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
those videos are great! she is awesome at catching the frisbee!! and I love how her tail was wagging in excitement :)

Ours are not so good at catching the frisbee - they wind up getting hit on the head... :shock:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Good job Mija :p :p :p

How old is Mija? Tanner used to play frisbee then he wanted to either chew it up or use it as a tug toy. We have put it away until it gets through this "stage". For now he only fetches balls.

Great video...I love the landscape of the mountains in the background.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What fun! I can't wait until Tyke is old enough to do that!! Right now, she is just picking up on "fetch". She runs to whatever we throw, and picks it up, but when we tell her "good dog! Come here!" she drops it and runs back to me! :? Just waiting for her to pick up on the second part!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Mija's a champ! Charlie plays frisbee but rarely catches it in the air. He likes to chase it while it rolls on the ground. :roll: I see we have some work to do!

Deb

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Awesome!!

I made Dexter watch the video to show him how it's done :D He's a pro at balls, so once he gets a little older, IT'S FRISBEE TIME!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
So here is what Tanner does...we throw the frisbee and he catches it then he starts to rip it apart. Won't give it back.

Now it doesn't do that with anything else that we throw...we maybe his Wubba..but what kind of frisbee do you use?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
So here is what Tanner does...we throw the frisbee and he catches it then he starts to rip it apart. Won't give it back.

Now it doesn't do that with anything else that we throw...we maybe his Wubba..but what kind of frisbee do you use?
I'm cracking up here. If we throw a fribee to Kirby he will run and get it, and then lay down and chew on it. If we throw a frisbee to Dex it either hits him in the head or he watches it go and doesn't care much...haha..they much prefer tennis balls to frisbees.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
We found too that the hard frisbees can cut their mouths. A Kong frisbee is much safer and it's more durable. The hard ones break after a month of so of playing. We've had the Kong frisbee for over a year now with just a small hole it it. Still works good. Best $10 we've spent!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
lmtoth2 said:

I'm cracking up here. If we throw a fribee to Kirby he will run and get it, and then lay down and chew on it. If we throw a frisbee to Dex it either hits him in the head or he watches it go and doesn't care much...haha..they much prefer tennis balls to frisbees.
We are just starting Dakota on frisbee--he loves it! BUT he still gets too excited and frequently tries to catch it with his paws. We first started throwing PetsMart frisbees and he would crack them almost immediantly. I finally invested in a dog disk by HyperFlite. The one I got is called Jawz and is virtually indestructable!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
We are just starting Dakota on frisbee--he loves it! BUT he still gets too excited and frequently tries to catch it with his paws.
haha...when Dex was younger, he would do this too :) Since we've gotten Kirby, Dexter has become more of a goof and has regressed with things like catching :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Max likes the Kong frisbee and a cloth vinyl one we have and is good at catching it but doesn't sail thru the air like Mija yet
cause Peanut usually body slams him hahahaa

Peanut is like Dexter and would chew it like Kirby given the chance.
Beau is too young for frisbee :wink:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
We are just starting Dakota on frisbee--he loves it! BUT he still gets too excited and frequently tries to catch it with his paws.
haha...when Dex was younger, he would do this too :) Since we've gotten Kirby, Dexter has become more of a goof and has regressed with things like catching :)
Don't know how true it is but I heard that doodles get the hand action from the poodle side! Poodle people, is that true?? That's what his agility teacher told me, I think . . .

·
Registered
448 Posts
I tried a hard frisbee with Nicky, but he thought it was something new to eat so it lasted 5 minutes at the most. I'll have to get a Kong one for him for Christmas. He's getting really good at catching balls.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts