Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked out a toy at PetCo that Dr. Destructo can't destroy! And believe me, he tries 24/7. It comes in several shapes, next I think we'll get the elephant. It is soft soft rubber, with a way loud squeaker, and perfect for catch and chewing. But try as he might, he can't put a dent in it's super tough skin. And the best part is.....HE LOVES IT!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahaaaa love the way you put things

OK , how much did it cost?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow, you're serious?! ok road trip tomorrow :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Seriously? I'm on my way to the store! Shadow has been eating through every type of toy in about 15 minutes max per toy. The other day he went through 3 brand new toys in about 30 minutes and I thought I was going to lose it. (My Dh kept thinking he couldn't possibly destroy the next one...and they were all different textures: plush, rubber and rope!)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was about to stop buying toys. I have spent so much and he has managed to destroy each and every one. Hubby laughed at me when I said in the store "I think this will hold up". He's had it for a few weeks now and not a dent, and he gnaws on it like there's no tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tyke may just find one of those in her Easter basket!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cacao has broken I don't know now many toys squeakers. The toy is still in one piece but not the squeakers.

That sounds like something she needs.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oooh...I was just at Petco last week too! I'll have to make another trip. Do you know the brand or what it's called? I'll give one a try for that price!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
RITA you sound like Dave and I, we had just about given up buying any toys as they're eviserated within minutes usually with possibly one or two making it a week ?

soooo i appreciate you telling us about toys that possibly i wonder
IF it's the squeaker in it along with the texture that makes it last longer with a doodle?
why would i say this? cause i have a rubber bone toy with neat squeaky noise that for some reason is not eaten up either and all 3 doodles love to play relay race while squeaking it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
If anyone can find a link to that gr8 toy I'd appreciate it. I couldnt find it on the petco website!! Thanks! :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
ooo im definitely getting that next time i go out! sounds great, especially the price ;) lol

thanks!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I wonder if it would stand up to Nicky? He always goes first for the parts that stick out. Ears, toes, nubby pieces all are targets of his intense chewing. He seems to find the parts that are the weakest and just destroys them.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Is it a TUFFIES brand toy perhaps?

I may recall seeing them---are they much much thicker than the average "soft" plastic?
The "tuff" cuz brand toys are pretty strong...Kirby finally pulled a foot off one last night, but that is after a few months of supervised play. They are definitely more tuff.

I tried to look up Dexter's new toy on Petco too and could not find it...I promised the boys a new toy last week so I will have to take a trip ;)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So sorry I didn't take note of the brand when I gave it to him :(

I don't know if it's the chunky shape, the smoothness of the supersoft skin, or what, but he can't get a good hold on any nubby part to destroy. And believe me, if this guy can't find a flaw, it's bomb-proof :shock:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
WOOHOO! I'm going to get one when I get the chance! Thanks!

·
Registered
659 Posts
A different approach:

Ozzie, like his Labradoodle brethren, typically proceeds to shred his toys within minutes of receiving them. We recently bought him this cute little fleecy stuffed lamb toy and he is in love with this thing. He carries it gently, doesn't shred it, and he sleeps with it like a security blanket. I'm in utter shock over this and I've been waiting for him to suddenly decide that "lamb-y" would look better drawn, quartered, and disemboweled. But so far he seems to have adopted this toy as his "baby".

1 - 20 of 32 Posts