Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI...i got to thinking, there are many new doodle parents coming to this forum. So why not post something that answers many questions letting you know PUPPIES are really cute little devils in disguise:

1...they will eat anything and everything they can lay their eyes and mouth on!
2...they will be housebroken (yeah right) for about 4 days and well have some company over and SEE if they're really housebroken with all the attention and baby talk hahahhaha

3. They will whine to be let out of the crate TESTING your ability to say NO, it's time to nap or go nitey nite.
4> Wear earmuffs is 15min of crying bothers you :wink:

5. Puppies lose their teeth around 4-5 mos and will have a tad of blood. Totally normal. They can lose 1 or more teeth a day and have a week where you swear they all fell out!!! ENJOY IT as those adult teeth will be in soon and ohhhhhhh then then will need to break them in. BUY chew toys!

6. Puppies mouth you till their 5mos or so old. Keep handing them chew toys! say NO about 50times a day hahahahaha and they do stop eventually. IF NOT ge a 2nd Doodle to be their new mouthing chew toy companion (like i did) :shock:

7. You WILL WORRY about your puppy as it is YOUR NEW BABY...so get used to it.

8. YOU do NOT need to teach doodles how to fetch...they do this at a very early age. HOWEVER you do need to teach them the words DROP IT. They can learn this as early as 10weeks old...comes in handy!

9. these dogs ZOOM AROUND THE HOUSE at record speeds but do not knock things over...they're agile and nimble and smart

10. These dogs are toooooooo smart and if untrained will outsmart YOU every chance they get!!!

11. These dogs do blow their puppy fur anywhere from 4mos onward for about 2mos ...it does stop. and for the 1st year they have bad hair days, just be thankful it's them and not you having it!! :D

11. I AM STOPPING HERE AS I DO NOT want to tell you a story you need to go through yourself ........THIS IS HOW YOU develop a better sense of humor!!! hahahhahaaa :D :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the list. I am one of the doodle moms in waiting. I have been reading everything that I can get my hands on and also keeping up with all the information and stories that are shared on this forum. You all have a great sense of humor, and I have enjoyed the stories about your doods. I will too have some stories to share in 75 +- days, but who's counting! :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
All I can say Annie is it's worth the wait, and you will never regret it! These are the most loving animals ever....also the most mischievous and aggravating! :lol:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
THANK YOU, Annmarie!!!!!!

We NEED to see this stuff, so we don't think ours is the only puppy that is psycho, or that we're the most horribly incompetent doodle owner in the world!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Annie said:
I will too have some stories to share in 75 +- days, but who's counting! :D
Another countdown!! - - YAY!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LYNN..if i typed some real truthful puppy things I could scare off potential future doodle parents to-be hahahahhahaa

i failed to mention thse puppies can jump 3.5ft in the air at what?? uh peanut was 11weeks or 12 weeks old? do 360's too hahahhahaa and climb 4ft high out of pens at 9 weeks old :shock:
The flip side: ohhhhhh they give you the "killer cuteness soulful" eyes that plead for a hug and kiss and then ya melllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllttttt!!!!

or they curl up in your arms/lap and go to sleep...and once again you melt.

or they just LOVE you soooooooo unconditionally and YUP you melt and almost cry with joy!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts