Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently feed Hershey (~6 1/2 months) Royal Canin just because that is what the breeder was using. Should we be adding anything to it like vitamins or oils for coat or general health?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am new to vitamins for puppies? I was thinking more on the lines that adult dogs may need them.

OK going to admit total ingnorance here regarding vitamins for dogs.
want to enlighten me ....thanks :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I add Dinovite to both my dogs dinner. I've noticed a big difference in my older Border Collie. She is a lot more active now. She's almost 12 years old. Jorja is just plain active anyways but it's really good for them. It does wonders on my Border Collie's coat too. Jorja's coat isn't shiney but it's not meant to be.

http://www.dinovite.com/

Marty

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jorja'smom said:
I add Dinovite to both my dogs dinner. I've noticed a big difference in my older Border Collie. She is a lot more active now. She's almost 12 years old. Jorja is just plain active anyways but it's really good for them. It does wonders on my Border Collie's coat too. Jorja's coat isn't shiney but it's not meant to be.

http://www.dinovite.com/

Marty
But i don't want my Max MORE ACTIVE hahahhahahaa seriously, he has enough energy now at 6mos old hahahhaha
But I could take the shininess

·
Registered
300 Posts
:lol: I hear ya! My older dog has arthritis in her back leg and we use to give her shots once a month and since putting her on this stuff we haven't given her a shot in probably 8 months. Her coat was dull and itchy before and that has improved dramatically. Now, for my Doodle the affects won't be as noticable right now but I want her to live a very long and healthy life. I can't imagine not having her. She's curled up on my lap as I'm trying to type this. She thinks she is still a little lap dog but I'm quickly running out of lap. Hopefully, she won't grow any more. Oh, she's a mini so she is pretty small compared to most Doods.

I work for an internet company from home so I'm on the computer all day. She keeps my lap warm. It's fantastic to be able to work with her on my lap. What a job perk! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
what kind of internet work do you do? just curious as it sounds interesting

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use a variety of suppliments as recommended by a lady named Linda Arndt, http://www.greatdanelady.com.

Last year, when my Great Dane was 4, he started to have problems moving around. He was obviously in pain. Then he began to whimper in pain when he was just lying in his bed. The vet began a series of tests and medications to try to determine if it was lyme disease, arthritus, an infection... Some of the medications were pretty serious including Rimadyl. We ended with a series of x-rays of all his joints. They couldn't find anything wrong.

I came across the great dane lady website and purchased all of the items she listed in her feeding plan figuring we had nothing to lose at this point. Within 2 weeks Logan (my Dane) was back on his feet. In another 2 weeks he was back to 90% of what he was before. He has stayed there for the past year. I don't think he'll ever be 100%, but I'll take 90%.

I don't know if it was one of the items that Linda Arndt recommended, or a combination of them, but I'm feeding them to Ginny, my doodle, now.

Andrea

·
Registered
300 Posts
MaxandMe said:
what kind of internet work do you do? just curious as it sounds interesting
AnnMarie, I've worked Customer Service for two internet companies over the last ten years. I worked for Classmates.com for 8 years and started and ran the message boards. I worked for RedWeek.com for the past 4 years and do basically the same thing. Both companies were started by the same man.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Andrea, my Border Collie was on Rimadyl twice a day plus Adequan injections. It's awful to see them hurting but I also know that the Rimadyl isn't good for them long term.

So glad to hear that Logan is doing so much better!

Marty

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I have been checking out the links you all provided on vitamins ...thanks.

The only thing for me is IF I were to give 2 dogs vitamins it is a tad costly for 2 large puppies. I am purchasing another crate, puppy, toys, shots, and more PLUS an invisible fence soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts