Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, ridiculous question of the day here. Stella, nearly 12 weeks, has gotten quite fluffy and the fur in her private area as well as down her legs seems to be in a constant state of dried piddly crunchiness... ewww! My female lab obviously didn't have this problem so I'm at a bit of a loss. Is it common or is she not a good squatter? She does seem to be distracted a lot when she goes so she tends to pee and start walking at the same time, which equals pee all over. I've wiped her off with a damp towel but two minutes later we're in the same situation (she also tends to pee many, many times a day). Any thoughts or ideas? I'm thinking I'd have to basically shave the whole back of her belly/ private area and her legs if I wanted to avoid this, and she'd look pretty ridiculous! Help, please! :?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
1. you could try wiping her with baby wipes after she piddles outside

2. slowly trim the private area carefully as if that's trimmed possibly the litte stream will hit the ground instead :wink:

3. She's a tiny puppy easily distracted by a blade of grass blowing in the wind or whatever catches her eye at the moment. She'll outgrow this soon, in meantime try to take her to same spot ,say "go potty" "go Pee" or whatever you like

and yes at 12 weeks i was walking Peanut every 30min during the day, as if she slept, she played, she ate, she drank water........she had to pee.

I am HOPING someone eles might have a better idea of help ?
she also start getting down to business soon, give her time
she's a baby

·
Registered
398 Posts
You could try to provide a more private quiet spot, but she's only 12 weeks old so she's is easily distracted.

It will get better.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter pees on his foot often...he lifts the one leg and somehow it just lands on his other foot...hahaha...sorry that doesn't help your problem, but I just cracked up thinking about it. I wipe his feet with baby wipes whenever we come in from outside so hopefully I get most of the pee off.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Beau does that. He pees over where cacao has just peed and then starts to walk away. But he doesn't pee on himself. Sorry i am of no help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I trim Fonzie's "winky" fur as we call it. It is just like a wick. It did make it easy to check for "mistakes" when training, but I just keep it trimmed short.

Nancy

·
Registered
148 Posts
The groomer trims that area and it seems to help. Rosie is not a super fluffy doodle but she squats super low and seems to get all kinds of stuff stuck to her butt.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, everybody! I felt sort of stupid asking, but if you really don't know, what can you do? :D And I got such great answers!

I'm off to Petsmart this morning to buy some blunt-nose scissors. I'm sort of scared to try trimming her since she H*A*T*E*S to be brushed and groomed. It may be a two-person job!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts