Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And for humans... if you click on the tab about fish, mercury and PCBs, you'll find what fish are safe to eat. We eat alot of fish and it is good to know which salmon to buy, etc.

Deb

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
After teaching Science, I have a high mercury level in my system. Students spilled it all over the classroom twice!
I have to be very careful myself.....let alone for the dogs. Be sure to check labels.
GNC sells stuff that's mercury free.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
know what i love about this forum? all the great info everyone shares and how we all are sincere and caring!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Other than the listing showing which are good and not so good for people, are all fish oil capsules good for doodles?

I am always concerned about using human products on animals.

This is very interesting.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Another question about fish oil: :)
At my last appointment, whoops, I mean at Boo's last appointment the vet said I could give him fish oil. But she said that I should give fish oil capsules, and that they need to be swallowed whole. That I shouldn't break them open or anything. But I can't remember what the reason was. Does anyone know?

Also, does anyone give fish oil to their doodles in non-capsule form? Can you get fish oil in a bottle?

---------
Oops, I didn't realize this post was in the Breeders section. (I found it doing a search for "fish oil"). Should I move it/delete it? Sorry :roll:

·
Registered
146 Posts
We buy Grizzly Salmon Oil - it's wild Alsaskan salmon oil that comes in a large squirt bottle. The label tells you how many squirts to give depending on the dog's weight.

Only a few pet stores here sell it but you can get it online too.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

I EAT FISH YUMMY. Sardines, Mackerel, Tuna, Salmon all have high Omega 3 which is great for my skin and coat.

dr katz sez: Throw your Doodle a fish once a week!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts