Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to hear nothing bad. We've been really pleased with the communication with the breeder. Long story short, we'd been looking for a puppy. When we finally decided to make the decision the breeder had decided since the pups were a bit older, to develop a program where high schoolers would train them in their homes with for 5 weeks with the help of a certified trainer.

Although we wanted her right away, the program had just started. We went ahead and put down our deposit. We're really happy with the communication back and forth - a bit sad that we'll miss out on early puppyhood, but still, we're happy.

It's MeadowPark Labradoodles in Indiana. Hoping to hear some positive comments and thank you all in advance.

We are so, so excited !!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello - I can't say I know anything about the breeder but I checked out her website and she has several dogs from Kari at Aussie Labradoodle, including Houdini, which is where I got my wonderful puppy Sammy, so that is a positive connection :)

Also, that high school trainer program sounds really interesting - I would have loved to have that kind of experience before raising my own dog - these kids will be such responsible dog owners in the future!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm so impressed with the kids - great socialization for the pups and for sure these will be great future dog owners too.

Thanks for the feedback :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have talke with her

several times, and I am very interested in her training program. I don't know that you are missing out on that much of the puppyhood, and the benefits will be great.

good luck with your pupy.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That sounds like a great program to get the training on your puppy. I was interested in something like that for my first litter, but wasn't able to come up with the student handlers, so took one at a time myself.

All the best to you with the new puppy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts